Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xbox Live stories

1. Xbox Live stories

After a two/three week hiatus I'm back on Live, and I was a bit rusty in MechAssault. Half an hour into a couple of destruction matches, I ended up in the middle of a conversation which I found a little amusing. I don't remember the exact words, but it came out something like this.

Player 1: aaaaaaaaaaah, you killed me you mexican!
    Player 2: what?!?!?! what do you have against mexicans?!?!
    Player 1: you sounded mexican.
    me: "..."
    Player 2: what?!?! are you some racist bitch?! f' you! f' you, you f'ing asshole! i'm stopping the f'ing game!
    *end game*

It amuses me that people will get offended by such little things, especially by some voice coming out of their headpiece.

2. Played with a couple of French Canadians the other day in UC. Obviously not the sort that are to be trusted with a flag.

You need to visit the online gaming & matchmaking board, by the way.

3. There are these really really cool people, in Moto GP that do the cooooooooooooolest thing ever. They drive backwards! its so amazingly cool, I can only wish I could be nearly as half as cool and badass as they are one day.

"Oh a scarcasim meter, THATS usefull"
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

4. Originally posted by Mode7
    You need to visit the online gaming & matchmaking board, by the way.
    i do, but i felt like putting it here. if any mods want to move it, it's fine with me.

5. Re: Xbox Live stories

Originally posted by Shinobi128
    It amuses me that people will get offended by such little things, especially by some voice coming out of their headpiece.
    In my experience with Xbox Live the third most used word (behind "fuck" and "shit") was "nigger", which kinda creeped me out. I'd like to think I've just had very, very bad luck with the matching system. Or maybe I accidentally connected to David Duke Live. Only once did a guy get offended, and it lead to a great exchange of slurs - I never thought I'd hear a REAL person say "cracker ass cracker." Thank God this was in Moto GP, cuz that's the only game I played that told you who was talking. I was able to mute the idiots once it got really nasty. Also got to leave negative feedback, which was a thrill.

By far my favorite Xbox Live user was BANG BUS. I played a game of Unreal Championship with this deep voiced mouth breather, and it was precious. Every thirty seconds he would say one of three fun phrases: "I killed you, ho", "You're dead, nigga", and my new catchphrase "BANG BUS, bitch." I tried asking him if he knew any other words, but he ignored me. I think he may have been a bot. At least he was courteous enough to let everyone know who he was in case they wanted to mute him, which was something I couldn't bring myself to do. I had to find out if he'd say anything new!

Another touching memory was a 10 year old boy calling me a "pussy assed faggot" and many other colorful names. I should've written them down - he had some good ones. I was having fun listening to the potty mouthed preteen until he started screaming at his little brother for changing the TV to My Cousin Skeeter or Big Wolf on Campus or something. Listening to little kids screech and punch and curse while you play a video game isn't as fun as it should be.

I mentioned in another thread about a 25 year old guy awkwardly trying to pick up a teenage girl while playing Unreal Championship. That was gold. I wish the Power of the Xbox let you keep audio logs, cuz it's killing me that this great moment in the history of comedy was lost.

6. Damn man, you have had some shitty match ups haven't you? My experiences are generally good, with the annoying people generally being so stupid that they are just insult fodder. It's great when the intelligent people in the game are the only ones who get the fact that you are reaming someone. The dumbasses are like" wha?".

The only "racism" I have encountered was someone who REALLY hated Canadians. Odd.

What is your Gamertag? I'll send you an invite. I usually play with a couple of TNLers & we have a prettty good time.

JM

7. Listening to little kids screech and punch and curse while you play a video game isn't as fun as it should be.
    I hear that. The majority of the genuine idiots I've run into have obviously been pretty young.

8. On the flip side, I remember some pretty intelligent kids I ran into on Alien Front online, but that WAS kinda rare. I figure once the pure anarchy of people talking online for the first time wears down, things will get a little more controlled.

Still, that racist stuff is pretty stupid. Like saying N****r doesn't count if nobody can see you say it. I am just waiting for some African ambassador's kid to get online with one of these guys and start world war three.

9. I let it saturate for a bit, but it had to be done.

I'm glad your back online though, look me up.

Gamertag: Youandwhosearmy
    Quote Originally Posted by William Oldham
    Sing a song of Madeleine-Mary
    A tune that all can carry
    Burly says if we don't sing
    Then we won't have anything...

10. Re: Re: Xbox Live stories

Originally posted by rummy By far my favorite Xbox Live user was BANG BUS. I played a game of Unreal Championship with this deep voiced mouth breather, and it was precious. Every thirty seconds he would say one of three fun phrases: "I killed you, ho", "You're dead, nigga", and my new catchphrase "BANG BUS, bitch." I tried asking him if he knew any other words, but he ignored me. I think he may have been a bot. At least he was courteous enough to let everyone know who he was in case they wanted to mute him, which was something I couldn't bring myself to do. I had to find out if he'd say anything new!
    I'VE PLAYED HIM! I played that guy in Mech Assault, and my God that was the strangest thing ever. The entire game I was just sitting in a corner cracking up listening to him, I swear he freaking yelled out "BANG BUS!!!!" every 15 seconds.

Anyway, one happened just yesterday for me. It probably shouldn't be particularly noteworthy, but I was playing somebody who's accent was so far European-ish that I could barely make out a word he was saying, but damn if he didn't talk constantly the entire game.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.