Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2456

Thread: "Jackass" Kid Killed Imitating Stunt

1. Originally posted by J2dfanboy
    How do they ruin it?
    Um, they get people to protest the show/movie/song/video game as if they are irresponsible baby-sitters. Even with parental ratings, many types of art forms are under the heat because rejects don't know how to teach their kids not to be friggin morons, and act out. If the kids are just, by nature, the type who's line between right and wrong is askew, then it's the parents job to monitor kids. However the media never gives parental follies the same amount of air time it does to the video games the kids were playing or the TV show they were watching. It's one thing to do slightly dangerous things for sport or technique for someone who has studied the stunt taking all precautions as they can, but it's quite another for a 17 y/o to endanger himself and (even if they were willing participants), a van full of kids, running into a parked car potentially full of people.

This being said, I hate the show Jackass. I could give a shit if it was off the air forever. Jackass isn't the only thing at steak when this crap happens though. The controversy trickles down into other TV shows, (like the mentioned "Beavis and Butt-Head", where most people, kids and adults, are to idiotic to realize that Beavis and Butt-Head were a parody of stupid losers like these kids) and then other forms of media. The link given was a NEWS site, but it's not just hard facts, it gives it's two cents and a jar of horse shit.

BTW, these kids were older, but I'm SURE upbringing had to do with there lack of anything intelligent. However, they are mostly responsible for themselves, and thus, should get as much or more shit as the brain-dead elders.

It's a fine hour for Darwinism.

2. It hasn't affected me that much though.
    Not that I can think of, people protesting is a good sign, there needs to be a debate.

3. this is odd. this post gets many replies in the same vein as i would react (ie good for them...stoopid shits) yet when videogame related deaths are reported on the main board they always get "poor kid its the parents fault" replies. odd.

Originally posted by Dragonmaster Dyne
    this is odd. this post gets many replies in the same vein as i would react (ie good for them...stoopid shits) yet when videogame related deaths are reported on the main board they always get "poor kid its the parents fault" replies. odd.
    I blame the parents for raising a stupid fuck, and the kid for being a stupid fuck.

5. Four gunshots just rang outside my window.
    Last night my friend had to drive around a dead body on the corner at 28th and Girard, and the cops lurked all night.

just a slice of life.

freinds of freinds died taking a Railrod crossing the same way, ..rolled their car end over end.
    ..I nosedived on the way to school and slid into a telephone pole with a car full of neighborhood friends.
    I'm glad I never died. But for sure kids get caught up in each other's dillusions of what is possible. Some slip-up, or unfortunately push it too far. That 13 year old was unlucky, and his family suffers the consequences.

Originally posted by Dragonmaster Dyne
    this is odd. this post gets many replies in the same vein as i would react (ie good for them...stoopid shits) yet when videogame related deaths are reported on the main board they always get "poor kid its the parents fault" replies. odd.
    Because unlike those in Gaming Discussion, we have no sympathy here in Sound Off. May the kid burn in the stupidest place in hell. (or heaven? :P)

7. Well I don't know about anyone else, but I think if someone dies while playing videogames that's pretty fuckin stupid as well. Not as dumb as purposefully setting yourself on fire of course, but it receives no pity. Hell, those kids died while playing some games, there are far worse deaths than that

8. Originally posted by Dragonmaster Dyne
    Well, VG related death usually result in innocent people dying. The Dumbshits are still alive and stupid.

Unless you were talking about people dying while playing games.

Maybe I read it wrong.

9. yeah i meant people dying while playing....(ie that everquest waste whos mom is trying to make money off her dead son so she can buy more food, get fatter and die so her relatives can sue the food companies that made the food to get her fat and obese and in turn use that money to buy stuff to waste their own lives away and continue the circle).

i love sound off now. the land of uncaring

10. I don't see a terrorist blowing himself up as tragic either. A terrorist who blows himself up trying to make a bomb has just shit in his own hat. If he does a suicide bombing and takes out 200 people with him, then there are only 200 tragic deaths... not 201. Murders are tragic. The death of one who kills himself for murder's sake is not. He had the choice not to be a suicide bomber, and he did not take said choice.

As for Hitler... he probably wouldn't have killed himself if he didn't espouse the evil agenda that led him down the road to perdition. His death was a cowardly act of suicide... he figured he'd rather do that than face the Allied forces. The people who were murdered by Hitler's SS lackeys did die tragic deaths.

With regard to the Jackass wannabes, here's hoping they smarten up and knock their shit off before any more of them kill theirselves or other people. Those who didn't die should be thankful they're still alive and stop such nonsense.

Originally posted by bbobb
    No, I don't cry over every loss... every human life lost isn't tragic. Was it tragic that Hitler died? Is it really tragic if a terrorist blows himself up trying to put together a bomb to kill innocent people? Nope. And it's not tragic when stupid people get what they deserve.