Thread: North American Console Sales Totals

North American Console Sales Totals

The real winner here is the Game Boy Advance

The Magic Box has posted the sales numbers for each of the major consoles in North America for the week ending March 25, and they paint a familiar picture. While the Playstation 2 is easily selling more than both the Gamecube and Xbox combined, the Game Boy Advance is selling almost as many as all three of the consoles combined. Check out the numbers below:

Code:
    System                 Week sales        Total sales
    Game Boy Advance          116,000          5,930,000
    Playstation 2              65,000          8,332,000
    Gamecube                   32,000          1,489,000
    Xbox                       28,000          1,794,000

Source: The Magic Box

2. Hey, the Cube did better than the Box last week? I can't help but think that'll continue w/RE coming soon.

The Total Sales comparison is interesting too....I understand the numbers might not be totally accurate, but I didn't think the Cube & Box would be so close.

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010

3. Originally posted by BioMechanic
    Hey, the Cube did better than the Box last week? I can't help but think that'll continue w/RE coming soon.

I hope your right! I guess it will come down to Capcom's marketing push. Anyone who reads game publications is well aware. Now they have to attack the mainstream.

I'm always amazed when I meet people who are casual gamers. No matter what their genre, they all dig Resident Evil.

4. Damn. 60% of all Xbox owners have purchases a new copy of HALO.

One of the 40%,
    - Kabuki

Damn. 60% of all Xbox owners have purchases a new copy of HALO.

One of the 40%,
    Yah, its crazy. In Japan Nintendo has a similar situation on their hands - a million sales of Super Smash Bros., but only like 1.3 million Gamecubes.

It seems alot of people are buying these new systems for just one game...

6. Originally posted by kabuki
    One of the 40%,
    Same here.

It seems alot of people are buying these new systems for just one game...
    Well, most of the newer systems still aren't good for much more then that, killer apps are scarce. It'll change with time, though...