Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A new Domestic PS1 that caught my eye

A new Domestic PS1 that caught my eye

It's called Beyblade. It has some anime type characters and what was odd that the screenshots appeared to have Japanese text, though I'm doubt it is still in there

It looks to be a battle top game where you customize your top.

I dunno, it's $9.99 at Best Buy and the Character designs seemed interesting.

Otherwise I have heard nothing on this one...

2. I was just looking at this game yesterday and it too caught my eye. I almost bought it on impulse. Has anyone played it?

3. Beyblade is a kids' anime series that combines Pokemon with Wayne Gretzky's Rocket Hockey. Think battle-dreidels or something.

I have no idea as to the quality of the game, but the tv series is just a big stupid commercial for the toys, like Yugioh.

And given that:

a) Every kids' anime PS1 licensed game sucks

b) No publisher releases a game at $10 because they think it's really high quality (Italian Job is supposedly the one exception)

and

c) every game now released on PS1 sucks

...I wouldn't hold out great hope. But it's only $10, so if you'd rather buy a proably shitty game based on a stupid idea rather than help some starving homeless kid at christmas or something, be my guest.

Not that I'm criticizing a game I haven't played/know nothing about or anything, heh...
    -Kyo

4. b) No publisher releases a game at $10 because they think it's really high quality (Italian Job is supposedly the one exception)
    There are quite a few exceptions, including Crossroad Crisis, Top Shop, Star Sweep, Spin Jam, The Bombing Islands and Eternal Eyes. I'm not saying that they're all worth $50 but I wouldn't be disappointed if I bought them for $30.

5. I agree with Sqoon. Eternal Eyes was a great little title for a mere $10. Not FF Tactics but then, what the hell do you expect for a ten spot?

6. Think battle-dreidels or something.
    you've just invented something hot. i'm stealing it from you now.

7. Sounds like Spinjas. Do any of you remember the toy Spinjas?
    Barf! Barf! Barf!

8. Ok, going off topic here with utter abandon- What on earth is Crossroad Crisis? I thought I was up on my obscure and cheap PSX games, how'd I miss this one?

Details please?

James

9. I am also intrigued by this budget game called Air of Aces, or Aces of Air. Looks kinda neat, but not really sure. Something Mobal Armor came out, but looks kinda chunky.
    Barf! Barf! Barf!

10. Originally posted by James
    Ok, going off topic here with utter abandon- What on earth is Crossroad Crisis? I thought I was up on my obscure and cheap PSX games, how'd I miss this one?

Details please?

James
    http://www.agetec.com/products.asp?M...ossroad+Crisis

I'm also interested in Mobile Armor and Aces of the Air but I'll wait until they drop to $9.99.