Thread: Rot3k or Dynasty Tactics?

1. Rot3k or Dynasty Tactics?

Considering I own Rot3k 4 for the saturn and I'm not overly fond of it.

I'm sure StriderKyo will be happy to answer when he sees this.

I really need to pick up Tactics for myself.

TNL recently posted an extensive review too by Haoh if I recall.

3. They're both quite good, but Tactics is the better game. Rot3K7 is fairly similar to the previous installments in the series (although it way ahead of 4, if that's the last one you played), while DT is a much flashier, easier to pick up and play package. Rot3K7 has the more realistic combat, but DT's is so crazy that I have to say it's more fun.

I posted detailed impressions of Rot3k7 here:

http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/s...three+kingdoms

And wrote a lengthy review of DT here:

http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/s...tactics+review

Both should tell you more than you need to know as to which is more suited to your tastes, but I will say that DT was one of the 5 best games I played this year.
    -Kyo

4. Umm you linked to the same review twice, oh well I think I'll pick up dt, sounds more like my kind of game, I'm getting it at ebs so no worries about getting stuck with it. Oh yeah does it have good length?

5. Originally posted by Zodiac Brave Aries
    Umm you linked to the same review twice, oh well I think I'll pick up dt, sounds more like my kind of game, I'm getting it at ebs so no worries about getting stuck with it. Oh yeah does it have good length?
    Heh, oops. I don't know how that happened. I'll change it. As for DT's length...well, a scenario takes about 15-20 hours to get through, depending on how good you are. There are 3 scenarios, each with 4 different story paths and endings, in addition to a vs. mode. So to get through everything in the one-player mode takes roughly 200 hours. So yes, it has one hell of a good length.
    -Kyo

6. Thanks for the advice, I got it a few days ago and it's a lot of fun.

7. Heh, awesome. I'm glad you dig it. It's a game that keeps getting better the more you play - the combo scheme is really deep, and once you learn how to use all the tactics, there's a ton of strategy there.
    -Kyo