Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Original character - no name yet, sue me

1. Original character - no name yet, sue me

Oooooh, I haven't posted a pic for ages! It's getting quieter here, too. Probably that's why bahn's trying to set up the contest. I'm really looking forward to it. I haven't won anything since that last swimsuit contest in this anime magazine a few years back...

Anyway, this young Lady is from my upcoming comic....

... eeer...

... I really should think of a title before doing anything else. This is making announcements so damn awkward !

It's going to be an adult comic set in a fantasy world. Innovative, eh? I know, I know. But I am hoping to construct a Conan-like (the books written by Robert Jordan especially) atmosphere rather than the typical Japanese RPG feel. When it comes to Fantasy, I believe we do a better job at it . Literature-wise at least!

I also don't quite like the anime inspired armor designs. I don't know why... maybe they're too colorful?

Btw, 'Dark Ink' is my new pseudonym .

2. You may want to space the left breast to the left a scoch more. Womens breasts are not typically squeezed up against one another, it takes certain bras, dresses and such to do it, typically.
    The legs are REALLY muscular, like male fitness model buff. If you were going for that, for a surreal - superhero-esque - feel, then it's otherwise very good. Some of the muscular masses seem to twist around the bone, but the flesh feel behind it is excellent.
    Good work.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

3. Whoooa! look at those megumbos!
    http://www.xboxgamertag.com/gamercard/NGE42/fullnxe/card.png

4. Thanks for the kind crits . And I'm sorry for the low quality of the pic but 120k was the lowest I could go for that size. I wonder what made it so big....

Originally posted by Andrew
    You may want to space the left breast to the left a scoch more. Womens breasts are not typically squeezed up against one another, it takes certain bras, dresses and such to do it, typically.
    Yeah, I know . I do that (i.e. show cleveage) for most of my pics and I rarely squeesh 'em together. Just ask the regulars here who've seen most of my 'naughty' pics . I figured that if she's goona be so buffed, her Darlings might as well be firm, proud and rigid!

Some have concerns with the way I always make the nipples constantly erect. That's because I want my girls to have some degree of visible arousal in contrast to the indifference of their facial experession. Secretly aroused by your stares....

Oh, my!

Hehehehe.... hey, if I'm going to Hell, I'm taking all of you bitches with me!!

5. Looks good... except I have concerns given that huge horned skull on her belt and the erm... ampleness of her mammaries... that she might accidentally impale herself when she sneezes.

Incidentally, just as a tiny nitpick... why does she have two scabbards and only one sword ? Plus her right knee looks it's about to snap under the weight of her thighs

6. Looks good... except I have concerns given that huge horned skull on her belt and the erm... ampleness of her mammaries... that she might accidentally impale herself when she sneezes.
    Dear God.... I never thought of that !! And I'm usually so careful. Hehehe... Note to self: Control horny urges to add horny ornaments . Thanks, man! I think I'll just make 'em shorter and smaller next time....

Incidentally, just as a tiny nitpick... why does she have two scabbards and only one sword ? Plus her right knee looks it's about to snap under the weight of her thighs
    Two scabbards one sword? Hehehe. My sketch wasn't finished. I was so excited about inking my work with the pentool in Photoshop that I figured, what the hell . So I basically inked over an unfinished sketch. Some things are more off than others . The 'dragon' that coils around her sword is actually a metallic part of the sword. Corny design sense but it just looks cool ^_^!

7. Originally posted by mrdandy
    Corny design sense but it just looks cool ^_^!
    I'll agree it looks cool but I'm gonna be really difficult

With a dragon around her sword... effectively it acts a blade guard and really, she can't cut anyone with it. It becomes more like a giant club with small cutting sections. Not to mention the sword won't fit in the scabbard anymore

My suggestion is that you should remove the scabbards. Instead make a draggon scabbard. Basically, extend the coiled dragon and the head of the dragon can protect the tip of the sword. So essentially she draws her sword from the dragon you have... and thus it makes more sense, and your retain the coolness of having a coiled dragon around the sword!

8. Ahh, yes negitoro but the story is fictional, and in a super world, so anything that looks cool usually veers better. Typically form over function in comics. I see what you're talking about with the holsters. It's unique though, I like it. I like the mask the best, it instantly makes her mysterious.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

9. I agree it's ficitonal and it should be fun... and yes, cooler is... well, cool!

But I'm just saying : real comic pros and good character designers do not make coolness for coolness's sake. Extraneous elements are not necessarily alwasy sensible additions. Look at all the classic superheroes (and a great deal of modern heros)... every part of their power and identity was well thought out and refined over the years without delving into unnecessary elements. For instance, check out the Ultimates which redesigns all the Avengers' costumes... they make realistic concessions and remain cool while being plausible.

Like I say, I'm not above making stylistic touches to a piece of work. For instance, I agree with your point on the mask - it adds mood and a unique look to the character. But quite frankly, it's this ridiculous concept of style over substance that has reduced the American comic industry to the low it is at today.

10. So essentially she draws her sword from the dragon you have... and thus it makes more sense, and your retain the coolness of having a coiled dragon around the sword!
    That's a very cool idea, Toro! I'd feel really guilty stealing the idea from ya... hehehe. Ah, but it'd be a bitch to draw, though . And you know what? Here's what Icarus Publishing has to say:

We absolutely will not publish Superhero comics, and fantasy action/adventure comics are also discouraged to some degree. The main reason for this policy is because A-G is an erotic publication only...and superhero and fantasy action/adventure comics usually end up not being very erotic, with characters who simply fight in the nude.
    Well, I wasn't planning on doing just plain nude but I think they're worried and are just being careful. Dang. I have to rethink my story angle.

Also, stories we publish generally have female characters who are very feminine...physically and mentally...as that seems to resonate most with our audience. But there may always be exceptions, it just depends on the strength of the end product.
    Heh. That ain't happening. Eventhough I draw naked women in suggestive poses (or worse) that does not mean that I'm a chauvinist. I believe that women can be anything a man can be. I even believe that most are more intelligent and stable than us guys. 'Physically and mentally feminine'? No thanks. Don't get me wrong. I like cute, cheery feminine girls, but I intend for my first female comic lead to be anything but. GrrRRrrr...!

But quite frankly, it's this ridiculous concept of style over substance that has reduced the American comic industry to the low it is at today.
    That and the storytelling. Fan service is also alot more plentiful... in fact, it's become a bit redundant I believe.

in a super world, so anything that looks cool usually veers better.
    Yeah, usually... take the new Transformer comic, 'Transformer:The War Within'. The story is a bit weak (it's too early to tell, besides)but Optimus Prime's design is so incrediblely awesome!