Thread: Bad Religion

1. Bad Religion

I know there are a lot of fans in the audience...and I am one too.

But I have never really gotten into the band, but would like to. I have hear many of their songs, but really cannot decide what cd of theirs to buy? Sure, I would love to own all of them, but that just aint feasible. So, anybody have a suggestion for which of their CDs I should buy first?~

Oh, and feel free to discuss Bad Religion!
    your mom

Really all depends on what kind of BR songs tickle your fancy.

If you liked most of their early stuff, I recommend picking up 80-85, especially since it has some of BR's best songs on it. Or, if you can find a vinyl of How Could Hell Be Any Worse? you should mail it to me immediately.

If you're more interested in their late 80s-early 90s stuff, the best album you can get is Suffer, which is what I consider BR's best album and one of the best albums ever. Another good collection fo tracks is All Ages, which is sort of like a "Greatest Hits" album that includes various tracks from Suffer, Against the Grain, Generator, No Control, and 80-85.

Or, if you like their more recent stuff, The Gray Race is the way to go, my personal pick for second or maybe third best BR album. Or, you can always go for the newest album and get The Process of Belief, which is probably their best album since The Gray Race.

The only other advice I can give is to stay far, far away from No Substance. Bleh.

Oh yes, and as long as we're on Bad Religion...

I'm sure a lot of BR fans will stop by this thread, so friends, your ol' buddy Rick pleads of your help! I am desperately searching every nook and cranny I can for a copy of the BR album Into the Unknown, a rather hard-to-find album where the band experiments with synthesizers in a 5 or 6 track collection. If anyone happens to have a copy they are willing to part with or know of where to get one, please contact me at NiGHTSManRick@msn.com or drop me an IM if you can at NiGHTS Man Rick. Thanks in advance to all who could help out.

By the way Mman, should you come across a copy of this, you should know it's a very select taste, as the whole album is not like any regular BR album at all. Most people I've met who've heard it don't even like it, I'm one of the few who enjoyed it. But if you're lucky enough to snag a copy while hunting for BR CDs, I congratulate you.

4. Get the first one, it's one of the best punk albums of all time.
    Yes.