Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: You see the Irony here, right?

1. You see the Irony here, right?

I was sitting down with a friend of mine recently. He had the new Mudvayne CD, which is decent, but not all that great. Any way... We were talking about new CDs that we have. I told him my new Dillinger Escape Plan CDs just came in, and that I was going to go pick them up along with an Opeth CD. He, as expected, gave a frown. He hates these two bands. So, After argueing with him about how these bands are, to me, great bands, I ask him what other CD's hes been listening to lately.

He says Stone Sour.

I wretch.

Slipknot, to me, their first album was pretty good. Their second was how I expected it to be; streamlined crap. So, and it goes, that Stone Sour is even more streamlined and even a first album Korn rip off.

I just laugh for a bit, really. I ask him if he sees the irony in how Corey Tailor (singer for the two bands) rambles all the time im Slipknot about how hes this tough shit screamer for thrash bands. What does he do? He goes off into another band, makes complete Nu Metal crap and then makes a horrible song like Bother.

No specific point to this thread. Just rambling, really.

Dicuss how much Stone Sour is a horrible band or whatever.
    | I produce g u i l t. | The fool; the meddling idiot. | Fyck off weak doom; we kane harder. |
    | I Care Because You Do. | Welcome to Bucketheadland. | Lull Continue and Moments. |
    | If I Wash Myself in others blood am I Sick? | Blood stained hands; Rust is eating my skin. |
    | My death lays awake there, whistling Dixie. | KMFDM is the drug against war. |
    | Please come home... Mr. Bulbous | Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven! |

2. I quite like "Bother".
    Commentaries and Opinions on Metal

3. Never heard of them.  I suppose I should?

ºTracer
    o_O

4. I never got into Dillinger Escape Plan, only got a MCD with them though, any recomendations for a single track that I should check out?

5. 43% Burnt is my fave song by them at the moment.
    | I produce g u i l t. | The fool; the meddling idiot. | Fyck off weak doom; we kane harder. |
    | I Care Because You Do. | Welcome to Bucketheadland. | Lull Continue and Moments. |
    | If I Wash Myself in others blood am I Sick? | Blood stained hands; Rust is eating my skin. |
    | My death lays awake there, whistling Dixie. | KMFDM is the drug against war. |
    | Please come home... Mr. Bulbous | Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven! |

Despite how i feel about Slipknot and thier singer, he does have a good voice for songs like Bother. If thats the song i think it is, I forget the name.

I will also admit that when Corey Taylor doesn't do the Slipknot thing, his voice doesn't sound too bad when he's actually trying to sing.

8. Slipknot is quite a joke. I think that's all there really is to say about it.
    Yes.

Dillenger Escape Plan is quite good though...

10. I hate Mudvayne and Slipknot. Although there are some good musicians in both bands, they waste their talents IMO.

Opeth is fucking awesome when Mikeal (thats his name, right?) sings with a clean voice, but that screaming death metal-esque voice is really distracting and deterring.