Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Yu Suzuki Collection confirmed for GBA

1. Sweet mother of God yes. The one thing I most wanted for GBA were ports of Outrun and Space Harrier. Now we get them. Yes Virginia, there is a God.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

2. And where is Enduro Racer? There's another one I'd like to see (the SMS version does not count... it is not a port of the real deal). Racing Hero is another one I'd take, since it's never been converted to any system.

It'd be interesting to see how well Power Drift or other Sega triple 68000 games turn out on the GBA. That could be a potential jaw dropper.

Originally posted by Core Boy
    where's Power Drift?, damnit.

I'd give my left pinky toenail to see that run on GBA

3. Press Release Source: THQ Inc.

THQ to Publish ``Yet Another SEGA Rehash'' for Game Boy Advance
    Friday December 20, 8:30 am ET
    The same SEGA Arcade Classics slither Onto Game Boy Advance like a B movie actor desperate for the limelight.

CALABASAS HILLS, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec. 20, 2002--THQ® Inc. (Nasdaq:THQI - News) and SEGA® Corporation today announced that THQ will publish tbe latest version of the long-running SEGA ARCADE REHASH(TM) for the Game Boy® Advance. Scheduled to ship in early Spring 2003, SEGA ARCADE REHASH is part of SEGA's attempt to make up for Altered Beast and Shinobi on GBA.
    "Arcade classics like those developed by Yu Suzuki are played out and very old but we are going to add them to our Game Boy Advance line-up anyway," said Alison Locke, executive vice president, North American publishing, THQ. "A great game is a great game even if you've played it 100 times on 20 different systems already."

"SEGA has 10 years experience in under-utilizing their greatest franchises and has some of the world's most legendary video game talent including Yu Suzuki, who has actually made more than just these same three games" said Shinobu Toyoda, executive vice president of content strategy and business development, SEGA of America, Inc. "SEGA's alliance with THQ, a leader in the handheld gaming category, helps us to bring our most played-out games and ports such as SEGA ARCADE REHASH to the Game Boy Advance platform and to both those dudes in Idaho who haven't played these games yet in some form."

About SEGA

SEGA of America is the American arm of Tokyo, Japan-based SEGA Corporation, a $3.5 billion in-debt corporation , recognized as a worldwide leader in not knowing a good thing when they see it both inside and outside Japan and rehashing games as opposed to developing new installments (see Golden Axe). The company develops, publishes, farms out, gives away for a hit of crack, and distributes interactive entertainment products for a variety of hardware platforms including PC, wireless devices, and those manufactured by Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. SEGA's Web site is located at www.sega.com.

Meh