Page 1 of 8 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: What are some good animes?

1. What are some good animes?

Some of the animes I like now are Inuyasha, Yu-Yu Hakushow, Dragon Ball, and some of the Gundoms. I have just really gotten into anime and wanted to know some other shows like these above. Inuyasha is my favorite, so any others like it would be great.

2. You seem to have Cartoon Network - have you seen Cowboy Bebop on there? That's a nice starting point
    - Kabuki

3. There is a favorite anime list around here somewhere, the board isn't all that big. Here is a small list off the top of my head- anything by Miyazaki, anything by Mamoru Oshii, anything by Gainax, Akira, Escaflowne, Cowboy Bebop, Lain, Lodoss War ova, Utena, Urusei Yatsura, Golden Boy....
    There is a bigger world out there than what is on Cartoon Network, have fun.

Gundoms
    pwned by Ivan

4. Yeah, the only animes I've seen have been on CN, so I'm hopping to expand my horizons. I have seen some of Cowboy Beebop and it was pretty good.

5. Here's a list of my favorites:

Escaflowne, Sorcerer Hunters, Bastard!, Excel Saga, Angel Links, Trigun, Kite, Mezzo Forte, Blood: The Last Vampire, Burn Up (original, W, Excess), Nightwarriors: Darkstalkers Revenge, El-Hazard, Fatal Fury, Ninja Scroll, Phantom Quest Corp., Riding Bean, Gunsmith Cats...plus many more.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

6. Cowboy Bebop Series + Movie, Outlaw Star, Trigun, Ruroni Kenshin + OVAs, Evangelion, Ninja Scroll, Vampire Hunter D + Bloodlust and many, many more.

7. Anything by Miyazaki and Studio Ghibli and...hm, Ninja Scroll.

8. His & Her Circumstances, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Gunbuster, Patlabor (OAV, TV, Movie, whatever you can get), Gasaraki, Crest of the Stars (showing on TechTV starting Dec. 30), FLCL, Card Captor Sakura (NOT Cardcaptors, AVOID), Revolutionary Girl Utena, Record of Lodoss War (OAV/TV), Now and Then, Here and There, Nadia, Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind (NOT Warriors of Wind, AVOID), Marsian Successor Nadesico, Gekiganger III, Vision of Escaflowne, Hime-chan's Ribbon (aka Hime-chan no Ribbon), Royal Space Force: Wings of Honneamise (the dvd sucks though), Armored Trooper Votoms, Serial Experiments Lain, Neia under 7, Samurai Troopers (aka original Ronin Warriors), Maison Ikkoku.

There, that should start you off.

Serial Experiments Lain, Neia Under Seven, Metropolis, Wings of Honneamise, Video Girl AI, Sakura Diaries, Grave of the Fireflies.

There are plenty more. Everything in my DVD Profilier is pretty good.

10. drop the Gundam/DBZ and start watching Trigun, Bebop, Berserk and Goldenboy