Thread: Is it just me, or did YuGiOh seem pretty decent before this card game crap showed up?

1. Is it just me, or did YuGiOh seem pretty decent before this card game crap showed up?

So, I finally caved in and bought Shonen Jump. I scoffed at the YuGiOh cover, but read the story anyway. To my surprise, it wasn't that bad at all. There was character development, some good art (nice expressions, I must say), and, dare I say it, PLOT! The show turned me WAY off (I saw it as what Wizards would have done with a Magic: the Gathering show) and I can now see that, before the card game walked in and turned it into "Rulebook Bickering: the Series," it was pretty damn intriguing.
    Impressions over. Next?

Oh, and all must be sure to catch the next issue of this beefy pop-manga compilation. Why? The mighty Naruto is showcased! Obey Naruto!

2. I was under the impression that YGO was always based around a card game. I think it sucked before the show aired.

3. It's just you.

Yu-Gi-Oh was shit from the start, and the card game just amplified it's shittiness.

4. from what friends tell me the yu-gi-oh anime started out pretty much the same way. the show pretty much dealt with yu-gi bein' in school and making new friends, then he put together that mellenium puzzle and all hell broke loose. when they first aired it on the WB they skipped over all of those begining episodes to get right to the card game aspect of the show.

5. as shitty and horrible that yugioh is... i can't help but watch both episodes (almost) everyday. i'd mindlessly watch on sat mornings, but i don't wake up early enough to watch anything before 2pm. there's so much wrong going on in that show and i think that's what gets me to watch. the simple fact that they take the cards so damn seriously is enough for me to watch.

i'm so ashamed.

6. I really don't mind YGO at all. In fact I kinda like it. I always thought the monsters were kinda cool, like Dark Magician and such. I don't like it enough to get it on DVD or anything, but if I see it on TV I'll watch it.

~Mr. K~

7. I agree. Upperdeck couldnt suck more. Thats why I play the Japenese game.

btw this is Pitchs brother

edit: I'm looking for mods on a Yugioh/Pokemon board. E-mail me if your interested at Codyz@optonline.net Its an ezboard so you'll need a name.
    heres the thread http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/s...threadid=13662