Thread: Studio Bones (Cowboy Bebop) working on a new anime!

1. Studio Bones (Cowboy Bebop) working on a new anime!

And they're teaming back up with Yoko Kanno and Seatbelts!

From AICN-
    Anime News Service reports Seatbelts member Steve Conte has confirmed a reunion with anime composer Yoko Kanno and the Seatbelts group on the new animated TV series, "Wolf Rain". The setting for the show occurs on Earth post a future ice-age. The series will be animated by Bones (Cowboy Bebop), with composition by Yoko Kanno and lyrics by Tim Jensen, performance by the Seatbelts. According to the site:

Last month Yoko came from Tokyo to NYC to record Steve on three new songs at Soundtracks Studio. They recorded a song called "Stray", and two versions of the title song "Wolf Rain"...one with the Seatbelts and one with Steve solo on a nasty, funky acoustic guitar. The sessions were engineered by the great Joe Chiccarelli who was Frank Zappa's main engineer for 20 years and just recorded the new Elton John album.
    pwned by Ivan

2. The site, if anyone's interested.

3. There's a two page spread for this series in Newtype Usa #3. Looks awesome, can't wait to check it out.
    If my memory of her has an expiration date, let it be 10,000 years.

4. you know studio bones did another popular anime.. right.. Raxahpon... that finshed airing in the summer.. so its not like they have worked on a show since Cowboy Bebop.. .

looking at the pics.. loooks like they stayed with the Raxahpon art style.. looks intresting....

5. Yep, I'm intrigued Looking forward learning more.

6. Fucking sick.

7. Originally posted by maruchan
    you know studio bones did another popular anime.. right.. Raxahpon... that finshed airing in the summer.. so its not like they have worked on a show since Cowboy Bebop.. .

looking at the pics.. loooks like they stayed with the Raxahpon art style.. looks intresting....
    I'm not as anime obsessed as I used to be, I just now got to see an issue of Newtype America today (with the cool spread on Wolf Rain). I didn't check out the Raxaphon thread either, so I didn't know about it.
    pwned by Ivan