Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Metal Gear Solid art

1. Metal Gear Solid art

Finished a piece that took about two full days to complete.

Cool cool stuff! I liked your Tail Concerto one as well.

Robert DeJesus... the name sounds familiar... you did covers for PSM didn't you?

*runs upstairs to dig through his PSM collection to see*

edit: OK no, so you didn't do covers, but you did do something even better - perhaps my favorite pieces of fan art ever. Your anime Lara Croft picture in the March 1998 issue is easily my favorite Lara Croft picture ever, and may very well be my favorite fan art piece. I knew I remembered your name from something

edit 2: Oh, and your Lara Croft art in the August issue is awesome as well

3. Originally posted by piku
    Cool cool stuff! I liked your Tail Concerto one as well.

Robert DeJesus... the name sounds familiar... you did covers for PSM didn't you?

*runs upstairs to dig through his PSM collection to see*

edit: OK no, so you didn't do covers, but you did do something even better - perhaps my favorite pieces of fan art ever. Your anime Lara Croft picture in the March 1998 issue is easily my favorite Lara Croft picture ever, and may very well be my favorite fan art piece. I knew I remembered your name from something

edit 2: Oh, and your Lara Croft art in the August issue is awesome as well
    Thanks. My favorite work for PSM was working on the Banzai Chibi Chan section. I miss them days. I should bring him back if PSM isn't going to do anything with him anymore. Now there's a doujinshi idea.

I'm a fricken idiot. Of course you did Banzai! I knew I recognized your name from more than just a couple fan art pictures... awesome stuff. Good job.

5. Ha ha!Cute!

Btw,is Snake and the Gear drawn on the same paper or did you paste them together?Just curious..
    Damnit!!GEO!!!!!

6. Originally posted by dAMON
    Ha ha!Cute!

Btw,is Snake and the Gear drawn on the same paper or did you paste them together?Just curious..
    Yea, both were penciled and inked on the same page. Then I lasso'd out Snake seprately to shade Rex's outline a different color. I was afraid that if I had also shaded Snake's outline the same shade as the mech he might have gotten lost with the rest of the mech. I don't know if that made any sence or not. ^_^:::

But to answer your question again w/o confusing myself any further, the original artwork is all on one sheet of paper.

7. Hey,

Its R. DeJesus . Haven't seen your stuff in PSM lately, although I haven't gotten a PSM in months, they don't seem to be doing original art covers anymore, just CGI renders . I miss those Mad! covers they use to rock every other month.

I still liked your AP stuff the most, you and Perry did some of their best stuff, Perry is still one of my all time favs, Gold Digger Roxors!

Keep up the cool stuff.

glad to see you finally updated your site as well. Now what ever happened to that web comic you were gonna do? .

-DN

8. Wow! So many questions I'd like to ask about that pic, so little time...

Somehow the idea of a stuffed chibi Snake popped in my head.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

9. Originally posted by Hero
    Wow! So many questions I'd like to ask about that pic, so little time...

Somehow the idea of a stuffed chibi Snake popped in my head.
    That's very good. I like the sprite form you made him into. Is that a Metal Gear sprite behind him? I can tell it's robotic and I must say it's very well done.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

10. Wow, now I know that Mr. DeJesus visits this spot ^^. Yay.
    Oh yeah, that pic is great :] Too bad I've yet to play MG ;-; Maybe one day ^_^
    -Myk