Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't pay your rent?

1. Can't pay your rent?

Was their ever a time in your life, when you just couldn't "make rent"....for whatever reason?

Share your experiences,,,,

sorry, I still live with my parents and I commute to school...hey I'm only 19

3. andyrose, the same thing happened to 2 of my friends. neither of them had a steady job, and after 5 short months with their apartment, it was gone. we had a lot of great times there, but one of the kids no longer speaks to our group of friends, and the other one has been living with me for 2 months. i was planning on moving in with them in june, now i'm staying at home until i have a couple friends with stable jobs.

4. I had been thinking about getting an apartment with my cousin last fall, but was just getting back to college after finding out I wasn't much prepared to join the American workforce with my limited education, I was working at my parent's service station, and I didn't want to get a 2nd job in addition to my existing one and school classes, so it fell through.

He ended up rooming with one of my richer cousins, whose parents and grandparents are far better off (IE: richer) than mine are.
    omg TNL epics!

5. I'm actually hoping to move out of my house this summer with my girlfriend. I don't think rent will be a problem but there's always eBay if problems do arise!

When I was in philly I always made rent, but I went for weeks without eating in order to do so.

7. I'm lucky to make 300 bucks a month. Even luckier if I get to keep what I make. It would be a miracle if the financial aid I receive was actually used towards my 'future.'

Bust my butt and I'm always broke, plus I have nothing of material matter to show for the effort.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

8. I could always make rent... me and Station82o used to live together... it wasn't easy though. I was without a car and had to walk to work at the only place that I could find in short notice... Jason's Deli (LOL! God that was horrid!). I was supposed to get a job with Mercedes, that fell through the day before I moved out. I had two back-ups though. Kinkos and Borders. First Kinkos was going to hire me as a doc-op of sorts, but they needed to train me. So the day I was supposed to fill-out the W2 and all that, I get a call. The Human Resources lady called to tell me that a former employee, who held the same postition I was applying for, wanted his old job back and they gave it to him. Since they didn't have to train him - he was the obvious choice :/ The it was off to Borders... they gave me the run-around but ultimately I think the dyke manager (Her name is Mitch... Station works with her still) would hire me because I kept calling her sir (I couldn't tell she was a woman I swear) and I divulged some critical information that they obviously frown upon. I told her that station was my friend. Oops. Since he already had a job there - they weren't keen on hireing friends of employees. So all options failed me. There wasn't a Gamestop (or Game store in general) in the area for me to fall back on. I tried other places too.. Planet Anime (on their internet end), but they NEVER hire. EVER. The last option was Jason's Deli. I was still able to cover things, but it hurt pretty badly.

ºTracer
    o_O

9. Thank goodness for "10 for a dollar" specials on Ramen...

10. Heh...Top Ramen did at one point help us all survive in that apartment. Tracer pretty much hit it on the head up there, those were fucking hard times. I'm back at home now with my parents and things are much better. I was only 18 when I moved into the apartment...lemme tell you, I had to grow up pretty quick from then on. I am officially 20 yrs old today.

*Some advice for people who want to move into an apartment : MAKE SURE YOU ARE FINANCIALLY SECURE. Not all the way of course but enough to have security and peace of mind...don't jump in unprepared ever...AND NEVER EVER SIGN A LEASE FOR MORE THAN 6 MONTHS -EVER!!!
    Commentaries and Opinions on Metal