Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ziff-Davis to bring out another gaming magazine.

1. Ziff-Davis to bring out another gaming magazine.

I was looking through the new EGM and noticed an ad for a new magazine from Ziff-Davis. The magazine is to be call GMR and it's initial publishing run, can be purchased at Electronic's Boutique.

Has anyone seen this magazine and how does it look? I have my doubts about this magazine, being that great. Thoughts?

Man, I didn't think those wizards at Ziff-Davis had any more tricks up their sleeve after the SHEER BLISS that is GameNOW! but boy am I wrong .... !!!

3. Haven't seen it my store, but I'll keep y'all posted.

4. Originally posted by dog$
    Man, I didn't think those wizards at Ziff-Davis had any more tricks up their sleeve after the SHEER BLISS that is GameNOW! but boy am I wrong .... !!!
    Ditto.

5. I didn't see it at EB today, hopefully I'll be able to find a copy to give it a look.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

6. The magazine comes out in January.

Its 'angle' is that it focuses on a small time cycle, reviewing games just as they're hitting shelves and previewing games coming out within a few weeks, not a few months or a year.

It's a gaming magazine for people who don’t play too many video games but considering that 'hardcore' gaming magazines are almost equally terrible, I’ve given up hope on video game print media.

-----Originally posted by Sqoon
    It's a gaming magazine for people who don’t play too many video games
    -----

Man, GamePro better look out now

8. i've never heard of it before, and i'm wishing i never heard of it now. can't be any worse than incite, or yea, gamepro.

9. Incite wasn't that bad. I could have done without the celebrity interviews and celebrity reviews. That kind of crap should be kept to Maxim and the like.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

10. incite was bad, don't know if i'd say worst than gamepro, but it was bad. and the only thing it really had going for it was the first issue cover price of $2. and that didn't last either. i feel pretty dirty for actually buying it.