Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Job stories.

1. Job stories.

I have none presently, but I hope this will attract some good ones. I always love these threads. Go to it!

2. I was sexually harassed by one of my bosses.

It was when I worked at Mobil Gas stations. When I went to the District Manager about it, she confronted the boss which she then twisted around on me. I lost my job which payed pretty good at the time. Its a kinda a long story but a good one and I will post with further details if everyone wants to hear err...read the story.

It kinda sucked but ohh well. At least I can say that I have been sexually harassed. And on my death bed, I can claim at least one person found me attractive. Now if I can just find some hot chicago women to do the same, I will be a happy man.
    Finished Games of '09
    nothing at this time

3. I actually have two jobs: waiter (pay) and student teaching (non-pay). Sorry for any incorrect spelling/grammar that may occur within the post. I stood up late last night writing term papers...^_^
    ------------------

My local coffee shop is located across the street from a gay bar, so more often then not I would have drunken gay men stumbling into the workplace (usually on weekends). I recall one incident below

The Conversation
    --------------------------------------
    Gay-MAN (customer): Can I have a drink of coffee...?
    Joey (co-worker) Sure, any flavor in particular?
    Gay_MAN (customer): What the F**K, I want coffee...
    Joey (co-worker): What size, (sm, md, lrg)...?
    GAY-MAN (customer): F""kin Nip, Don't you understand what the hell coffee is...?
    Jae (me): Dude, chill out... he was just asking what size you wanted. Cut him some slack...
    Joey (co-worker): Alright, i'll get you a medium.
    Gay-MAN (customer): Did I ask for a medium, you dumb shit.
    Jae (me): Hey man, if you don't like the service get the the freak out of here.
    Gay-MAN (customer): F**K YOU

I proceeded to argue with the drunken gay-MAn when I noticed Joey leaving our establishment (workplace). Within several minute, he returned packin heat (gun). Knowing that he was powerless the Gay-MAN started to apologize for his behavior. I was quite frightened, since it was my first experience viewing a gun. In other words, I was scared shit-less...

-----------------------
    Jae: Why the hell you packin heat...
    Joey: Man, you saw how the fag treated us like shit
    Jae: Man, its our job....it comes with the territory...Anyway, put that shit away.

I got more...respond if ya want more...

Still keeping that FUNK alive...^_^
    http://www.dangerz.net/mofo/members/selphiebanner.jpg

Jae's dream date can be found HERE.

I got into a bit of a fistfight with a customer attempting to remove two PS2s from my back room. The story used to be up on the old old TNL boards. I couldn't possibly do it justice if I tried to re-tell it.

Theres always the standard "I am a dumb fuck customer" stories.

Why don't people put things back where they get them? If you get a game from the game boy section, why cram it in to the PS2 section at the other end of the store. Do you really not notice the boxes look remarkably different?

This is good: Customer walks up to the counter asking about good "RPG games" on the PS2. I cop out and say "FFX" he says "I don't like that Jap shit"

At this point I begin laughing... I then tried to explain to him(and his mullet) that most videogames are made in Japan. He couldn't understand...

***more to come later***

5. I work at a libarary... we have a profesional football team, have their training camp here.. SO this one time, we had one of these NFL guys come down and ask this

NFL guy: Hi, I'm part of the NFL team, thats training here. I was wondering if i can borrow a book.
    us: umm you need a libary card
    NFL guy: But i dont want to get one cause i'm only here for a couple of weeks
    us: sorry
    NFL guy: come on guys, I promise to bring it back before we leave...
    us: why dont you go to barns and noble and buy a book..
    NFL guy: umm never tought of that...

ugh..

6. Wow, those are some kooky work stories...
    I work for an admissions office, answering the phones and telling people why their kids did or didn't get into the college. I get sucky "customers" often, but one guy was off his nut.

Caller: Hi, I have been calling the university for hours and I NEED HELP!
    Me: OK, this is the admissions office, how can I help?
    Caller: yes, I saw Oprah last week and she had a professor from your school who said you had a mental health department, and I need to get through.
    Me: um, ok. So you wanna study psychology?
    Caller: No, no, no! I have anxiety attacks and I need to speak with a professional there.
    Me: Sir, this is the admissions office...who told you to call us?
    Caller: I told you, I saw your school on Oprah and I need to be put through to the mental health department! (Starts breathing hard).
    ME: OK, I'll put you through...

I put him on hold while I looked for the number, but I guess he panicked and hung up.

7. When I worked at Target two years ago, I was part of the Backroom. In there, customers were not allowed for ANY reason. And we even had a big ass sign. Of course, two weeks after the store opens, a customer blatantly walks in there demanding our help on the salesfloor. We politely tell her its not our problem, despite the fact we have full authority to be as rude as we want to get them out of there. 10 minutes later and the lady didn't get the point. When she finally asked where a salesfloor employee would be to help her, I said "How the fuck should I know?" She demanded my manager, so I called him over. As soon as he gets there, he says "What the fuck is she doing back here?" Her jaw dropped and she tried to yell at him, but he called her a stupid bitch for not noticing the sign on the door. Heh, brings a smile to my face thinking about it.

8. For about two years in High School I worked at one of those "family fun centers" called Magic Mountain (no relation to the theme park). We had a big arcade, mini-golf, batting cage, go karts, etc. whatever.

Well I had been working there for quite a while and I was friends with a few of the managers. One weeknight I was working out on the Go-karts with one of my friends (Mike) (the manager on duty's (Steph) husband) and we thought it would be funny if I drove a go-kart into the arcade. Well we moved some shit around and made a path from the track through the stock room and into the arcade. I came driving through the arcade and pulled up to the food counter, where Steph was covering for someone who was on break. She was just staring at me not knowing what to say and I calmly spouted off an order. Mike was looking in through the window and came in laughing his ass off and so was she, hell everyone there was.

Just one of my random Magic Mountain stories (I have dozens),
    -Gigas
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

Back a couple years ago when I worked at a restaurant, being a busboy I alwaysd had to deal with cleaning up crap. It was a sucky job, but hey, it paid pretty good and I didn't have to deal with people. Until one day...

It was a really shitty day, I was stupid enough to be out all night with friends the day before work, got about 2 fuckin hours of sleep, and had to get up and get dressed to take breakfats duty. Low and behold, the whole place is busy as hell and I barely have time to stand still, much less get the opportunity to sit down. About 3 hours in, I'm tired and pissy, and I'm cleaning a table, and this old bastard at the table across yells to me and says "Hey, can I get a glass of water?", and I said rather politely "Sorry sir, that's not my job, if you'll wait for a waitress..." "Hey! Hablo englais?! Get me a glass of water, dammit!" Of course at this point I was about to punch the old dick in the face, but instead I decided to cheer myself up, and said "Be right back, sir." 5 minutes later I was in such a good mood after watching him drink that water I barely even noticed how cold my nuts were from rubbing them with his ice cubes.

Lately I've been working at Wockenfuss Candies as a part-time Fudge Packer, and of course working on the boardwalk runs you into all kinds of interesting characters. One guy bought some Disc-Os and just started talking about when he had those when he was a kid. "Yeah, I remember my Biology teacher brought these in and was like 'I want everyone to try it' and everyone was all like 'No! those are gross!' and he kept going 'Come on just try one' and they were pretty damn good......I think he was a pervert." This one conversation in particular struck me as humorous. Working at night ensures you get the cooler people, drunks always spend more money on candy.

10. Originally posted by Rick
    5 minutes later I was in such a good mood after watching him drink that water I barely even noticed how cold my nuts were from rubbing them with his ice cubes.
    Fuck that.