Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: any shikigame no shiro evolution impressions?

1. bam! tried to license the original version -- in fact, they had it on release lists on their website and other press materials -- but MS failed it on concept. and you thought only sony had it out for the hardcore gamers! doubt anyone's going to try and touch S no S evolution.

i wonder if that means they'd fail raiden fighters as well..? what a pleasant thought!

2. No offence kabuki but that review is really awful.

"Graphically, this does NOT look like an Xbox game. The characters are tiny, and not very detailed. The enemies aren’t varied much, and again none of them are too detailed. Not even the bosses look impressive. Also, there is a TON of slowdown. There are times on certain bosses or in certain areas that the game nearly stops it’s so bad. Still, Ikaruga has a lot more going on and manages to play through with little to no slowdown on the Dreamcast."

Except the slowdown can be turned off in the options or in the pause menu...

3. Originally posted by ferricide
    bam! tried to license the original version -- in fact, they had it on release lists on their website and other press materials -- but MS failed it on concept. and you thought only sony had it out for the hardcore gamers! doubt anyone's going to try and touch S no S evolution.

i wonder if that means they'd fail raiden fighters as well..? what a pleasant thought!
    Here's hoping that the PC port of Raiden Fighters comes out here, or that the Japanese PC port doesn't have any of that territorial lockout crap.

Originally posted by Kabuki
    Tokidoki impressions (based on two hours of play time, NOT a review): http://www.tokidokijournal.com/issu...gaminoshiro.htm
    G-Net is just a System 12/ZN-2 (PlayStation, but with 50MHz instead of 33MHz CPU) type arcade board, so this explains the slowdown unless you turn the Wait off. The enemies were most likely directly ported from the arcade rather than redone. I'll admit I don't mind this much, since Alfa System concentrated on a perfect port rather than risking all with a revamp (PS1 Viewpoint had nice graphics but was a bad version). Shikigami no Shiro 2 will likely not have that slowdown due to being on Naomi.

4. Kabuki - the impressions on your site are completely different to the initial impressions i had when playing the game.

as Sidez has already said you can eliminate all the slowdown by turning WAIT off in the option m3nu

the graphics are good for the genre and there is a shit load on the screen at once - plus the game is an improved port (in terms of NO SLOWDOWN) of the original version which did appear on G-Net which is only an hyped up PSX

whilst the game might take an hour if using continues trying to one credit it is something which i know will take me months of trying (if i ever do)

no mention of leveling up your character by collecting the coins enemies drop when killed, Buzzing or the Tension Bonus System

the last paragraph i found completely wrong ---

Overall, this is a decent shooter, but not a serious one. For those of us with modded Xbox systems, this is one of VERY few worthwhile import games. If you don’t already own Ikaruga, spend your money on that instead. If you already have Ikaruga and just want something a little bit easier to kill time with, it’s worth giving Shikigami no Shiro Evolution a shot.
    S no S Evolution is not an easy shoot em up by any standard, try playing through it without resorting to continues and you will see what i mean - and the game is very serious with depths which aren't apparant on first play but become more and more so the better you become in the game, do you use the Buzz system method to get stronger shots to take enemies out quicker or do you go for score and use the tension bonus system (fly close to enemies before taking them out) - the possibilities and tactics needed in this game equal most other shooters released recently

camps

5. Boys, don't yell at me, I didn't write it
    E-mail my co-worker and and give him your thoughts. Or better yet, hook me up with a J-Xbox and a copy of SnS Evolution and I can do a rebuttal review!

- Kabuki