Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where are the post-Christmas game deals????

1. Where are the post-Christmas game deals????

So far there's been nothing! What's the story there's so many games I'd buy for 30 bucks or less but they never come down from 50. Anyone seen any good deals or have any specific games you're looking to see a price drop on?

2. there is a discount thread...

3. Just so you know, the price of Nintendo developed and/or published Gamecube games does not fluctuate. Luigi's Mansion and Waverace: Blue Storm, launch titles for the system, are still 50 dollars new at nearly all major retailers, just like the recently released Metroid Prime and Super Mario Sunshine.

Whenever you see a Gamecube game advertised for thirty or forty dollars in sale papers, it's always a third party title like Resident Evil, Tony Hawk, or Bomberman Generations.

If you're looking for good deals on first party Gamecube games, your best bet is Ebay, Half.com, or various other places where they can be found used. If you're looking for third party games, check the sales paper weekly for special sales and take advantage of the price matching policy that a lot of stores use.

Example: when Bomberman Generations was first released, it was put on sale at Circuit City for a mere $36.99 when most other places were charging $50. Wal-Mart has a policy that if an advertised price is lower than theirs, they'll match the price and take an additional ten percent off of it for the trouble. So I took the CC ad there and ended up getting the game for just a little over thirty dollars when it was regularly fifty. Keep in mind this was the first week of the game's release too.

Also, use the Best Buy/Gamestop/EB coupons that they stuff in EGM and other video game magazines each month too.

4. Everyone say hello to my friend Mamo

I just scored Star Fox Adventures for only $35 at Fry's the other day. It was just a one day, New Year's Eve price, though
    omg TNL epics!

5. Well, you CAN find first-party games for cheap, but only if you go the used game route.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

6. Sam's Club has first party Gamecube titles for $42, that's the cheapest I have seen them anywhere new.

7. Sam's has Metroid Prime for $45 last time I checked, plus most of other games in the range of $40-45 as well.

8. Where is the best place to buy used games at?

The only place around here would be ebworld at the mall...

Im going to start buying used games more often to save money, I assume ebworld allows you to investigate used games for scratches correct?

9. Ebay. Usually you can find some great deals on games there. Sure there is risk of being screwed involved though.

10. Originally posted by Despair
    Ebay. Usually you can find some great deals on games there. Sure there is risk of being screwed involved though.
    Its a personal thing for me but i wont buy cd based games off ebay for fear of recieving a scratched cd.

I buy carts left and right from Ebay but for a cd/dvd based medium id prefer to drive to the mall (15 minutes away) and check it out before buying.