Thread: AES debug bios chip

1. AES debug bios chip

I'm thinking of getting one for my Japanese AES system and have a few questions.

- What exactly does the chip do? I know it opens the language options and credits. What else does it do or is that all?

- I know Jeff Kurtz installs them but is he trustworthy? I've never dealt with him before. Has anyone here? Also, how much does he charge to install them? How can I get in touch with him?

Thanks in advance.

I believe the chip can also put the carts into MVS mode, so you would have all of the dip switch options as well.

3. Re: AES debug bios chip

Originally posted by Melf
    I'm thinking of getting one for my Japanese AES system and have a few questions.

- What exactly does the chip do? I know it opens the language options and credits. What else does it do or is that all?

- I know Jeff Kurtz installs them but is he trustworthy? I've never dealt with him before. Has anyone here? Also, how much does he charge to install them? How can I get in touch with him?

Thanks in advance.
    Lets you change the region (to get some bounce back into boobies), lets you flip dip switch settings for cheats, I think you can use it to see some hidden incomplete levels in MSX, and MS3...uhm, is there more?

I've heard good stuff about Jeff Kurtz, but I've never personally dealt with him.

Of course, this post was mainly made to keep you from feeling ignored and keeping the topic up for BonusKun to give you a comprehensive answer .

4. Jeff's real cool Melf. I've not had him do any work for me but he certainly helped me out with some AES technical issues.

I'm not an AES head so I don't know specifiaclly what these things do for you. I can say however that they are painfully easy to install. Let me know if you'd like me to perform the surgery.

Dr. PaCrappa

5. Pa, you've got mail!!