Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "Best Friends"

1. Henry Rollins - of the Rollins Band, (also the former lead singer for Black Flag). In addition to the rocking music he makes with said band, he does awesome spoken word shows/albums, writes and publishes his own books, occasionally acts and is the host of "Full Metal Challenge" - he's something of a rennaisaince man who I consider very wise. Its hard to know where to start with Rollins so I'd advise picking up the album "The End of Silence" by the Rollins Band, and "Think Tank" (spoken word comedy album), and checking out the book "Black Coffee Blues" or "The Portable Henry Rollins".
    Commentaries and Opinions on Metal

2. Originally posted by station82o
    ..he does awesome spoken word shows/albums, ...

Aha. I thought the name sounded sort of familiar. He came here to ISU around five years ago, I think. Very funny guy, though I haven't heard any of his music. He may have said something about this alone thing, I don't really remember...I don't remember much of that speech, actually.
    "Tick-tock"

3. thats cool - I've actually never seen a Rollins spoken word performace live, only have heard the records and watched the dvd - but have seen the hard rocking rollins band live on Aug 25th 2001. I hope to remedy the former sometime soon.

4. ILLUMINATION!

5. "...comes so hard, makes me think but it leaves me scarred - and now I wish that I didn't know, what I know now!!!"