Thread: Kendo Rage

Kendo Rage

Kendo Rage wasn't very well known but, back in the day I had a good time with it. Cool platforming and some Japanese esque themes.

It was hard too.

Anyways what was the name of the Anime this was based on? Anyone know?

2. You know, I've been wondering about this game for a long, long time. The Game Express near my job has had brand new copy for $20 that's been sitting there for ages and I've been wondering if I should pick it up. Anyone know anything about it?

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

I haven't heard a thing on it. Please, if anyone knows anything about it, speak up
    Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi View Post
    SNK is like an abusive boyfriend; he keeps hitting me, and I want to leave him, but then I think about the good times we have together and keep telling myself I'll give him just one more chance to change.

I can't find much info on it, but remember you played as a schoolgirl or something and at the end of a level you get on a train? Weird is what stands out...

I could never get that far into it as it got hard fast.

5. hrm, if you crossed the aesthetics and general tone of the ranma 1/2 game that came out here with valis, this is more or less what you'd come out with.

gameplay is kind of crap, very floaty like valis. and i love valis, but i'm willing to admit its shortcomings.

very wacky and anime-influenced aesthetics (hence the ranma comparison.)

if you like either of those things, there's a good chance you'd get a kick out of kendo rage (japanese title = makeruna makendo.) but if a mediocre game with wacky anime style graphics doesn't sound exciting to you, then you will probably not.

the japanese version came with a CD single. so did cotton 100%, i recently noted. both were published by datam polystar, so it must have been their gimmick on SFC. no, i don't know what's on the single, and of course it wasn't included with the US version.

i don't think it's actually based on an anime (or vice versa.) there's also a PC-FX game in this series (makeruna makendo Z) but i don't know a thing about it. i remember seeing it on NCS in like 1998, but IIRC the back cover didn't even have screenshots (always a good sign!)

looks like there's a makeruna makendo 2 for PS. i should track that down. which reminds me of gran doll, a bandai (IIRC) published action/platformer for PS which i bring up because it also was sort of reminscient of valis in that "stars a schoolgirl, has floaty/crap control" sort of way.

Originally posted by ferricide
    hrm, if you crossed the aesthetics and general tone of the ranma 1/2 game that came out here with valis, this is more or less what you'd come out with.

gameplay is kind of crap, very floaty like valis. and i love valis, but i'm willing to admit its shortcomings.

very wacky and anime-influenced aesthetics (hence the ranma comparison.)

if you like either of those things, there's a good chance you'd get a kick out of kendo rage (japanese title = makeruna makendo.) but if a mediocre game with wacky anime style graphics doesn't sound exciting to you, then you will probably not.

the japanese version came with a CD single. so did cotton 100%, i recently noted. both were published by datam polystar, so it must have been their gimmick on SFC. no, i don't know what's on the single, and of course it wasn't included with the US version.

i don't think it's actually based on an anime (or vice versa.) there's also a PC-FX game in this series (makeruna makendo Z) but i don't know a thing about it. i remember seeing it on NCS in like 1998, but IIRC the back cover didn't even have screenshots (always a good sign!)

looks like there's a makeruna makendo 2 for PS. i should track that down. which reminds me of gran doll, a bandai (IIRC) published action/platformer for PS which i bring up because it also was sort of reminscient of valis in that "stars a schoolgirl, has floaty/crap control" sort of way.
    Thanks for the info Ferricide. I guess not many people have played this one.

7. Someday, when I find the PC-FX version of MMZ for cheaply enough... I'll let ya know how awful it is.

Oh, and speaking of obscure japanese SFC platformers, I popped in Run Saber (released stateside by Atlus). It's the odd, bastard offspring of Strider and Rush 'N' Attack, yet not entirely hateable, all the same.
    shane_

8. Originally posted by Dolemite
    You know, I've been wondering about this game for a long, long time. The Game Express near my job has had brand new copy for $20 that's been sitting there for ages and I've been wondering if I should pick it up. Anyone know anything about it?
    take that $20 and buy 4 packs of underwear. Your nuts will thank you for it.
    www.classic-games.net updated every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.