Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GameBoy Advance 2.0 This Tuesday...

1. GameBoy Advance 2.0 This Tuesday...

CNN Money reports that Nintendo, faced with a 20% decline in GameBoy Advance sales this year, have plans to announce a backlit successor to their current GameBoy Advance tomorrow, in hopes of spurring sales, as well as quelling complaints people have had with the GBA's screen visibility in dimly lit areas. Planned to launch sometime at the end of March, the new version of the GBA is assumed to retail for roughly $90, and will slowly phase out the older, non-backlit model.

Scource: CNN Money

2. A 20% decrease! Have you checked the sales charts for Japan. The GBA is selling around 100,000 units a week, for the last month. The backlit model is still very nice though!

3. Good thing I got mine afterburned so early. I have been using it for about 6 months and it was worth the cost. Had I waited to get it installed I would have felt like a fool when Nintendo released the new version.

4. Originally posted by gamevet
    A 20% decrease! Have you checked the sales charts for Japan. The GBA is selling around 100,000 units a week, for the last month. The backlit model is still very nice though!
    Hey, I didn't make up the numbers Anyway, it's a 20% decline in the US.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

5. Too little too late. If it's just the backlight with no new features, or even something like an extra button.... a BUTTON, it would be alittle better. Otherwise Nintendo just ignored the pleas and complaints of gamers for years, released a new product knowing they were just going to tack on what the original should've had to begin with?

It smells, smells like crap and I'd expect more from Nintendo.

Also, CNN never brings in outside markets, as their financial and business sectors cover primarily American business.... and nothing else. Same is said with their Gamecube reports. They report the Gamecube having weaker than expected sales in North America due to the XBox launch and continuing sales of the PS2, totting Xbox as ahead in the race. This just isn't true with Nintendo topping Europe and taking Japan by storm over the XBox. Just bias reporting, to be expected from a journalist outlet the likes of CNN (crap).

On a lighter note, I don't yet have a GBA and this makes the deal so much sweeter.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

6. Adding a button would be a pretty dumb move on Nintendo's part. That would force developers to choose between making games based on the older, yet more widely owned, 4-button design and the newer, less widely owned, 5-button design.

These features should have been there from the get-go.

7. It's good news....now I'll be able to play Castlevania:COTM anywhere, as opposed to baking under a lamp.
    It's all about the New York Islanders!!!

8. I'm not commenting on the whole gba 2.0 thing because it pisses me off to no end. But I've got my GBA-TV adaptor so

Master, I love the new av! Silva is a fucking badass. But I'm still a Sak fan
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

9. Who knows how much battery power this thing will drain, a key reason GB has always been #1 in the portable market is it's always ran longer than 4 hours on a set of batteries, something the competition almost never could do. Also, I don't care about portables to begin with all I want is the GBA player so I can play some quality GBA stuff on my tv

10. this is gonna be nintendo's "big" announcement??

too little too late..

but thanks for making me feel like a fool, master, for not having my afterburner installed yet..
    MK2 on XBLA plz - let the unfolding of gameplay begin!!