Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any good import shops within the OC/LA area?

1. Any good import shops within the OC/LA area?

Howdy fellow TNLers,

I'm going to be relocating back down to Southern California (Orange County) and was wondering if any of my fellow OC/LA resident TNLers could point me towards some recommended Import Shops.

I'm actually from Southern California but have been living in San Jose for the past 3 years. When I went down scouting for apartments, I stopped by some of my old favorite shops to find them ALL GONE!

I know if all else fails there's the trusty online shops but nothing compares to cruising on over to your local mom'n pop import shop to pick up the latest and greatest or to simply look for gems.

2. Look for "GameSquare" there's 2 about a mile from each other. They're in OC somewhere, I thin maybe West Minster or really close to that.

http://www.gamesquareusa.com is there website IIRC.

There's also a massive game store up in Hollywood called "GameDude"
    http://www.gamedude.com
    http://www.xboxgamertag.com/gamercard/NGE42/fullnxe/card.png

3. Japan Video Games (of japanvideogames.com fame) is in the LA/Hollywood area. I was there last summer to pick up MArio Sunshine. It's actually a very small shop, but worth a look I suppose.

4. Oh yeah, JapanVideoGames gets a thumbs up from me
    http://www.xboxgamertag.com/gamercard/NGE42/fullnxe/card.png

5. Thanks fellas. I'll check'em out once I get down there next week. Has anyone been to Hyper Game Action in Torrance? They had a store down in Costa Mesa but it is no more. They had a great selection of obscure imports but their prices were sometimes iffy. They're comparable price-wise when compared to adding shipping costs to online orders (usually).

6. the torrance HGA is not bad. i stopped there earlier this year and they were blowing out some PS2 imports, but in general it's the kind of store i'd go to for new releases, not collectible titles.

wanpaku USA was the bomb, also in torrance, but you just missed it. i went there last weekend to buy games on clearance, as they're having a going out of business sale. it's a shame -- they're the US branch of a japanese chain, and had tons of excellent condition used PS games, and all the latest stuff for the recent systems. except now they just have like, the dregs of the used PS games. i bought a bunch of stuff but it was all kind of b-grade at best. sad to see it go.

there's also gameland in torrance. i went there after wanpaku USA and found it very boring. lots of playstation games but the prices aren't coming down, mediocre selection of more recent stuff. TONS of loose SFC carts, but again, prices are not appealing generally.

7. You've all covered it pretty well. I just have one thing to add: Game Square sucks. Not good, unless you're looking for $3 Pokemon Snaps. Then it's good. But most people aren't. So it's bad. (That's the opposite of good.)

8. dude you will seriously have to come down and hang out with BenT and myself for some gaming! We both live in Orange County, Irvine to be exact. Speaking of which, call me Ben! We gotta hang out again u busy rascal.

9. Originally posted by DHG Otaku
    dude you will seriously have to come down and hang out with BenT and myself for some gaming! We both live in Orange County, Irvine to be exact. Speaking of which, call me Ben! We gotta hang out again u busy rascal.

Im in SoCal but there's no way in hell Im visiting anybody for any gaming.

10. Originally posted by DHG Otaku
    dude you will seriously have to come down and hang out with BenT and myself for some gaming! We both live in Orange County, Irvine to be exact. Speaking of which, call me Ben! We gotta hang out again u busy rascal.
    Sounds cool w/ me. When I get down to OC and get situated we should all meet up.