Thread: More paintings

1. More paintings

I figured since I haven't posted anything in a couple of hours, I'd put the other pics I promised up.

Sorry about any glare that is on the paintings, I had to get all these during my tiny lunch break.

Here they are

Rosa - Acrylics - any pixies fans will recognize this one

Peasant - Oils

Inverted world - oils

JM

2. That my friends, is some serious fucking talent.

3. Originally posted by Rumpy
    That my friends, is some serious fucking talent.
    How long did each one take you to do?

Incredible stuff, my fave is probably the Inverted World oil painting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

4. Very kick ass stuff there JM.

You've reminded me of how much I miss my Pixies CDs.

6. Thanks guys.

The time taken on each one varies. Rosa was an acrylic, & I almost never work on an acrylic in more than one sitting, so I'd say about an hour - hour and a half. Peasant took much longer, probably around two weeks of intense work spread out over 3 months. Inverted world was not quite as bad, but there was an almost finished painting of a woman on it before I scrapped it & painted over it black. I flipped it over, so if you look close now, you can see the texture of an upside down face near the bottom of the board. Probably a week or so of work on that one.

JM

7. Wow.

.....Wow.

JM, you need to become a member at deviantART.com. you can get tons of feedback, comments, priase and whatnot if you submit that stuff. its a pretty cool art community, you should check it out.

see, im a member too!

8. Amazing... You've got incredible talent. I've been to like a bazillion and a half galleries over the last 3 years and I have to say you put all the painters in the midwestern area to shame. Do you have a gallery where you sell your work?

9. now thats hella talent right there.

I can't see the unsidedown woman though, is it on the bottom left of the pic?
    "be water my friend"bruce lee

10. Originally posted by OriginalJester
    Amazing... You've got incredible talent. I've been to like a bazillion and a half galleries over the last 3 years and I have to say you put all the painters in the midwestern area to shame. Do you have a gallery where you sell your work?
    Well, technically I do. It is a little frame shop, with some gallery space in the front. The sad fact is though, there is almost no market for my work here. I live in Southwest Louisiana. If it lacks Magnolias, Hunting Dogs, or swamp scenes, a painting will pretty much collect dust on the wall. I haven't sold a painting to a stranger in around 8 months. Soon I'm going to shop around for a gallery space in Dalla Texas, which I think is the closest area with an active art scene. Unfortunately Dallas is about a 6 & 1/2 hour drive from here. Even New Orleans falls into the Southern tinged trap when it comes to selling art.

In the next few months I will be starting on a series of paintings that will all be of a certain style. Hopefully this will give my collection of work a more cohesive feel to it, which should be more attractive to gallery owners. As you can see my stuff is pretty scattered genera wise.

Dreaded Fist, you would have to be in front of the painting to see the texture of the face, but it is there.

JM