Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grand Theft Auto Series: PC vs PlayStation 1/2

Grand Theft Auto Series: PC vs PlayStation 1/2

I was introduced to the Grand Theft Auto series with III on PS2. I then, of course, followed that up with Vice City. I would like to go back and play 1, 2, and London just to see what I missed. I would also be interested in seeing III on the PC, if there are any differences. I guess my question for all the GTA experts out there is what are the differences between the series on PS 1/2 and the series on PC? Which would you choose to play?

2. GTA 3 pc is a buggy bastage...

3. Originally posted by JMET
    GTA 3 pc is a buggy bastage...
    Pretty much. I prefer the PS2 version because of the controller, the keyboard is almost too sophisticated for the game, too many buttons adds to clutter.

I'm not certain if they did this, but I can't remember. If the number keys are hotkeys for the guns you have, that would be a bonus (1 for handgun, 2 for shortgun, etc.)
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

4. Personally, I like the PC version of GTA3.

I never noticed any bugs outside of what was in the PS2 version, and I love the keyboard + mouse setup. You can also choose to use the "classic" targetting system, if you want.

Also, the mod scene is doing pretty well.

As for the first two games, all I know is that they look decent and have multiplayer.

5. While I haven't played the first two games on any system, I've read that the PC revs are far superior.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.

6. I think 1+2 for the PC have online capabilities. Although I've just played the console versions, so I'm not 100% certain.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

7. no they dont have Online stuff

but anyway the PC revs of 1,2, and london are much better for quite a few reasons

one of them being you cna put cds into your Comp and listen to what ever you want

and you can change out the cd and put others in so it worked out quite well for me

personally i think 1,2, and london were the best of the series specially on the PC
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

8. no they dont have Online stuff
    Actually, the PC version does have online play.

9. Originally posted by Tain
    Actually, the PC version does have online play.
    im talking about 1 and 2 i played the shit o ut of them and i didnt see any online options

i know for a fact that 1 didnt

i could be wrong on 2

*EDIT* ok i was wrong 2 did have multiplayer but 1 didnt
    didnt know about it cause you have to go through the GTA2 manager to set it up and do it and it wasnt menus within the game

and it was a apin in the ass as you had to tell people your IP adress if you wanted them to play with you i dont think there was a search for servers thing like in most multiplayer online games
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

10. 2 sucked ass on any platform. Same crap as 1 but less fun.

GTA1 is to GTA2

as

GT3 is to Vice City.

hopefully the every other rule will work out for Part4.
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin