Thread: Nation states; ie awesomeness,

1. Nation states; ie awesomeness,

I recently had a week long hiatus from the net, so I may have missed a thread on this, but I'll take the chance of looking like a dolt infront of everyone and show you all this.

Its a cool nation simulator. You have to address issues and create laws which shape your nation. You can create a state so communist that all of Russia would blush, or create a land full of super intellegent hippies. Its all up to you.

My nation is as follows:
    The Holy Empire of Mugatu
    national motto: "You know, Todd...."

UN Category: Left-wing Utopia
    Civil Rights: Superb
    Economy: Fair
    Political Freedoms: Excellent

The Holy Empire of Mugatu is a small, devout nation, notable for its complete lack of prisons. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 14 million are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whoever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.

The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Social Welfare, Religion & Spirituality, and Education. The average income tax rate is 33%, but much higher for the wealthy. A tiny private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.

The tenet of free speech is held dear, the white poodle is a protected species, and euthanasia is legal. Crime is relatively low. Mugatu's national animal is the white poodle, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the jacobim.

The best bit about this game is that its not time consuming, requiring as little as 2 minutes a day to play. You can do it while your browsing.

EDIT: another example

The United States of Chuck Norris

National motto: "Shoot first and ask questions later."
    UN Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy
    Civil Rights: Very Good
    Economy: Strong
    Political Freedoms: Some

The United States of Chuck Norris is a large, socially progressive nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 36 million have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.

It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Education. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 39%. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Beef-Based Agriculture.

Chuck Norris's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region, the mining industry is making inroads into environmentally sensitive areas, organ donation is compulsory, and the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is well under control, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Chuck Norris's national animal is the Buff Gorilla, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Bullet.
    EDIT: CLICK HERE OR WHERE IT SAYS "this."

2. er...where can one play this simulator?
    Commentaries and Opinions on Metal

3. Sorry. I guess it wasn't clear enough.

4. ah i see the link now - my mistaky.
    Commentaries and Opinions on Metal