Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Serial Experiments Lain

1. Just started watching this on Tech TV, but I missed the first two episodes. I couldn't find much info on any websites, so anyone care to fill me in on what happens?
    Well that's like, your opinion, man.

2. um, I would if I could remember half of what happened. The basic premise is Lain wants to get on the net like everyone else does, she also receives an e-mail from a girl who commited suicide. The girl claims she killed herself so she could be in the next life, which coincidently exists in the net.

That's about as simple as it gets before it gets too complicated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

3. Three more episodes and I'll sit down and watch the entire series. Hopefully that'll mess with my head, I enjoy that sort of thing.

4. Great series, and still one of the best (if not THE best) animes ever. I've watched the entire series at least a couple of times a year since release, and it really hasn't gotten old. Great animation (hard to believe it's all CG), awesome soundtrack, and an interesting (and often moving) story.

I still find many of the sequences to be very tense/scary, even though I know they're coming up.

Also, the series has one of the single greatest epsiode titles ever - Infornography. How cool is that?
    "Fiends! Animals! Bastards!"

5. This is my favorite work of fiction ever. Anime, Film, Book, Video Game, whatever.

When the hell did they start showing this on Tech TV?

http://www.techtv.com/animeunleashed...perimentslain/

That's awesome! Hopefully it'll bring the show a wider audience.

6. This started last week. You should be able to catch the full thing on weekends, they tend to play everything then.

7. I've got it all on DVD, but I was just excited to see that more people can watch it now.

8. Haven't watched my set in a while. Revisiting this thread gave me chills. I need to rewatch the series soon. I'll have to wait til next week tho. The tech tv thing is cool. I think people who are surfing channels and catch a glimpse of it will be curious enough to check it out, since it just *looks* so damn interesting on top of *being* so damn interesting.

--Scourge .

9. Guys, is this the real deal, do ya think? I have not heard of 2-disc Lain box set. The price just seems too good to be true.

Any info would be great.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/off...&condition=new

Its a bootleg.