Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Serial Experiments Lain

1. Serial Experiments Lain

I just recently got the entire Lain series in a very cool lunchbox dvd set and I have to say that this is one of the best series I've ever seen, very deep and very well done...I was just wondering if any of you have seen any of it and what your thoughts on it are...have at it ^_^
    What isn't remembered, Never happened

I entirely agree. It's my absolute favorite. Has been for like 3 years running. Loved it enough to purchase the vhs and then the dvd set when it finally came out. I have the lunch box too, tho I bought it separately. And I have 3 or 4 soundtracks too, as well as Boa's album featuring the entire version of Duvet. I've been eyeing the lain figures at Suncoast, waiting for the price to drop. They have school girl lain and lain in her bear pajamas, $24.99 a piece. Ouch.

Also, this is my favorite write up on the series. It helps you to appreciate it even more.

--Scourge .

3. I really enjoyed it, but I sold it later on because I didn't care for repeat veiwings. I got an awesome Lain wallscroll in my room, though.
    pwned by Ivan

4. Thanks for the write up Scourge...and I can't believe there's not more people that've seen this, it's absolutly amazing...if you haven't seen it I recomend going out and getting it, hands down.

5. I just got the first 3 dvd's from Netflix. Only got around to seeing the first episode, but damn, it seems pretty interesting. Definately something different than I'm used to.

I picket it up when one of the women from The Screensavers on TechTV did a segment on it. She was pluggin it because of their new anime show, but I wanted to see it uncut and all at one time.

Can you guys reccomend anything else similar to this?

There is nothing similar to Lain.

p.s. How much did that Lunchbox set cost you?

7. Originally posted by 88mph
    There is nothing similar to Lain.

p.s. How much did that Lunchbox set cost you?
    I completely agree with you... but as for the lunchbox set, get this...Suncoast really dropped the ball, I went in looking for the 2nd Breserk dvd and saw it, so I pick it up and take a look...$80, I figure that it's a HUGE price fudge so I take it to the counter to make sure...low and behold, $80 plus tax. I had my debt card out SOOOOO fast it wasn't even funny. I knew this was a damn good deal but it wasn't untill later when I was surfing ebay and saw what it usually goes for and I couldn't stop smiling. I've been back a few times to see if I could find another set for the same price but they haven't had ANY lain dvds in since I got my set...but you better believe I'm not going to stop looking.

Nice find. I'd sell it in a heartbeat and pick up the translucent blue slipcase DVD set If I were you...

Especially with that kind of profit.

9. Originally posted by Empty_One
    I just got the first 3 dvd's from Netflix. Only got around to seeing the first episode, but damn, it seems pretty interesting. Definately something different than I'm used to.

I picket it up when one of the women from The Screensavers on TechTV did a segment on it. She was pluggin it because of their new anime show, but I wanted to see it uncut and all at one time.

Can you guys reccomend anything else similar to this?
    Key: The Metal Idol. Closest thing I know. Good show, too.
    pwned by Ivan

10. Originally posted by BooMsta
    I completely agree with you... but as for the lunchbox set, get this...Suncoast really dropped the ball, I went in looking for the 2nd Breserk dvd and saw it, so I pick it up and take a look...$80, I figure that it's a HUGE price fudge so I take it to the counter to make sure...low and behold, $80 plus tax. I had my debt card out SOOOOO fast it wasn't even funny. I knew this was a damn good deal but it wasn't untill later when I was surfing ebay and saw what it usually goes for and I couldn't stop smiling. I've been back a few times to see if I could find another set for the same price but they haven't had ANY lain dvds in since I got my set...but you better believe I'm not going to stop looking.
    Really nice catch... I sold off my lain dvds when the lunchbox set was -announced-, preordered it... but it was never sent. This was back in what... 1999? Maybe 2000. They were in very limited quantities so it's pretty amazing it was even on shelves over there.