Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your thoughts on their rights?

1. Originally posted by ShineAqua
    I will admit that there is a problem in this country when it comes to illegal immigrants, but punishing those who went through the difficult task of naturalization for that acts of a few zealots is preposterous and defeats the very notion of democracy. Also any claims that illegals take jobs is doubly preposterous, because most of the farm work is tough, repetitive, and taxing. Few American citizens are willing to do the work. Quite frankly there are enough jobs out there to employ about ¾ of the unemployed, but many feel that those jobs are beneath them, like farm work. If an immigrant, legal or not, is taking work on a farm then I say let him be. No one else wants to do it.
    I completely agree. I hold a lot of respect for the hard-working immigrants in this country, and anyone else who works a job beneath them because it's the right thing to do. I'm a perfect example of that. I have a high school diploma (no college or vocational skills, though), and when I moved to Maine with it's lousy job market, I had to decide between going on Welfare or bagging groceries at the local supermarket. Gee, which one to choose... steal my neighbors' tax dollars and sit at home all day or get a job (however menial it may be) and contribute something to society? I wish the rest of the fools around here had as much common sense.

As for Killgore (who sounds like a death metal band ), it's fucktards like him who make me ashamed of a lot of our country's politicians.

2. Originally posted by OmegaFlareX
    As for Killgore (who sounds like a death metal band ), it's fucktards like him who make me ashamed of a lot of our country's politicians.
    That's the first thing that came to my mind when I first heard his name.