Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: CONFIRMED: Disney to release Spirited Away, Laputa and Kiki's Delivery Service

1. Spirited Away is out in Europe on DVD now (saw a copy last week - someone just bought it before me )
    It's the french edition with DTS but only for the french dub. English is supported with Dolby 5.1.

This is great news that the others are comming too. Disney better not cut scenes from them (you hear me dammit?!!!!) I love Miyazaki's work as I recently saw Castle of Cagliostro and really loved it.
    !

2. Originally posted by burgundy
    I fail to see how the Mononoke dub is lackluster in any way. Unless you just don't like dubs as a rule.
    It's called being an anime snob. And Rachel is one, every time they release a duel audio anime she vows never to listen to the dub track. It pisses me off cus some anime is fine as a dub, like the mindless crap where no one cares about how well it's translated, i.e. Fist of The North Star and Street Fighter.

3. I dislike dubs in everything. It's just that over here (Belgium) it's not common to do that, we subtitle (almost) everything.
    !

4. ...

Originally posted by ShineAqua
    It's called being an anime snob. And Rachel is one, every time they release a duel audio anime she vows never to listen to the dub track. It pisses me off cus some anime is fine as a dub, like the mindless crap where no one cares about how well it's translated, i.e. Fist of The North Star and Street Fighter.
    For the most part I hate dubs -- mainly because I am into HK and other Asian films and dubs almost always destroy the story...but I do like a lot of Jackie's dubbed films -- his english is entertaining..though I don't like all the cuts to the films...so basically, I usually equate dubs with cuts (thank you Miramax!) so I avoid them...

But anime is different and I actually like a lot of dubs -- like New Dominion Tank Police Series, Outlaw Star, and Cowboy Bebop...some though, I prefer subs like Ghost in the Shell...Akira is mixed for me--I love the OLD dub with the awesome general's voice, bu prefer the new one's sub...

If they would stick to the stories more with the dubs, I wouldn't mind so much...

5. Disney recently put up their website for these first three releases:

http://disney.go.com/disneyvideos/an...ilms/miyazaki/

Very nice. Look for the hidden little stuff, like the No-Face mouse-tracker...