Thread: Superman got it all wrong. He should take a lesson from Powdered Toast Man.

1. Superman got it all wrong. He should take a lesson from Powdered Toast Man.

Do this. Look straight up at the sky. Hold it there for a long time. Your neck's getting sore and your eyeballs are starting to strain, aren't they? Not a comfy position at all. That's how Superman flies through the air tho'. Sure, his body is oriented horizontally instead of vertically, but to see what's ahead of him he has to crane his neck the same way. Belly down/head first is good for birds and all, but they evolved to be horizontally oriented. Humanoids evolved to be upright, and our necks just don't go in that direction very well. My suggestion to Supes is this: Take a lesson from Powdered Toast Man and fly feet first. Modify Powdered Toast Man's form a bit so you can see where you're going. I say feet first belly up slightly bent at the waist in a reclined position as if you were lounging back in a comfy chair. Much easier to see what's ahead of you that way without hurting your neck.

I think you think too much.

Nappa, next thing you know, you are going to say that Superman should do like PTM: Crash a 747, make it run into a speeding truck, just to save a kitten!

4. he's superman. i don't think he can even get a neck strain. the guy can come out of a nuclear blast without a scratch on him, so even if he can get a neck strain, i don't think he'll mind.

5. Even superheros need good posture.

6. Originally posted by Chibi Nappa
    Even superheros need good posture.
    He learned from Plastic Man

7. Re: Superman got it all wrong. He should take a lesson from Powdered Toast Man.

Originally posted by Chibi Nappa
    Do this. Look straight up at the sky. Hold it there for a long time. Your neck's getting sore and your eyeballs are starting to strain, aren't they? Not a comfy position at all. That's how Superman flies through the air tho'. Sure, his body is oriented horizontally instead of vertically, but to see what's ahead of him he has to crane his neck the same way. Belly down/head first is good for birds and all, but they evolved to be horizontally oriented. Humanoids evolved to be upright, and our necks just don't go in that direction very well. My suggestion to Supes is this: Take a lesson from Powdered Toast Man and fly feet first. Modify Powdered Toast Man's form a bit so you can see where you're going. I say feet first belly up slightly bent at the waist in a reclined position as if you were lounging back in a comfy chair. Much easier to see what's ahead of you that way without hurting your neck.
    WOO!

8. Powdered Toast Man kicks ass.
    "Punch the yeti! Win a free Llama!"