Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Road Rash

1. The N64 Road Rash also sucked pretty hard. RR Jailbreak on the PSX was, sadly, the best RR game since the 3D0 one.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

2. I may be wrong but maybe the reason RR 3 wasn't as good is because the sensation of speed didn't feel right. I don't know what the frame rate was but the first two sure seemed quicker.

3. I thought that the sense of speed for RR 3 was fine. That might be because I spent more time playing it on the Nomad instead of on a TV, which could make a slower sense of speed a good thing due to the screen of the Nomad being a touch on the blurry side.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

4. I don't know if EA has a sequel in the works, but 3DO has a game said to be inspired by Road Rash called Jacked. I don't know when it's set for release but it's some time this year.

Edit: here's the link to IGN on JACKED.

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/375/375723p1.html
    Praying for a Cosmic Fantasy Collection for PS2, Xbox and GameCube.

The Road Rash series was great fun, but it was a little bit easy. I remember running the Australian outback track in Road Rash 3 about 50 times in a row and then having the money to by the best bike right away.

6. I have both the PSX & Saturn Debuts simply because they have a Swervedriver video on them.

I remember way back when my friend & I ingested certain mind altering substances & played this for hours on end. Good times.

JM

7. Ah, Jacked, that's the spiritual successor I was talking about. Couldn't think of the name.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

8. Originally posted by Jeremy
    The N64 Road Rash also sucked pretty hard.
    No, it didn't. It was a hell of a lot better 3D than the other updated Road Rash I played. It put more emphasis on the fighting, which was beginning to slip (and what's Road Rash without fighting?). Let you keep and cycle through your weapons. It also had some pretty neat secret paths.

It had a few major stylistic flaws and it could use some overall tweaking of the formula (more bikes, harder courses, etc.), but I think they were on the right direction gameplay-wise with the additions and added fun. A cross between 64 and Road Rash 1 (musically, and less "goofy") and I'd be happy.