View Poll Results:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars

1. Star Wars

Ever since, I was kid, Star Wars was my favorite trilogy. This thread is dedicated to one of the greatest Sci-fi fantasies in the world. For those of you who post on this thread, you must ask a question about Star Wars, and the next person has the answer it and so on....(like my Transfomers thread). And sure I like the Ep1-Ep3, but lets face it, it doesn't compare with Ep4-Ep6, even though I am looking forward to Episode 3 (Obi-wan vs Anakin Sykwalker and the whole Empire taking over, and Anakin becoming Drath Vader).

Where was Obi-wan born?

2. I know im voting for a fight that hasn't been filmed yet, but im sensing great potential.

3. Qui-Gon + Obi-Wan vs. Darth Maul?

OK, my question is an oldie: Why did Darth Maul stand there and let himself get hacked in two?

4. WHat? No Dath Maul on the list? The Only Sith/Jedi who could really fight and kick ass?

Yamcha - Because Lucas is stupid fuck who screwed it up, and because Good Guys MUST win, so BAD guys MUST die in STUPID ways.

5. I agree with my main man Despair- Maul should have been on that list. However, I have to vote for the Luke/Vader match-up in Empire Strikes Back. That was the best of all time. Perhaps not as complex as the Maul/Qui-Gon/Obi-Wan fight, but the fact that it was the first meeting of Luke and Vader, and the way Vader was toying with Luke and how he almost underestimated him was just too cool. The beginning where you just see Luke and Vader's silhouettes facing off with all the steam floating around the carbon freeze chamber was dramatic as hell.

Plus, Vader had some of his best lines ever during this fight.

Jango Fett kicking Obi-Wan's ass was cool too.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

6. Well, If talking older SW films, yes, fight in ESB is excellent.

7. im gonna have to say Luke Vs. THe Snow Yetti in ESB.

and i agree. the endings to fight sequences have to stop. THEYRE ALL STUPID! ie...

1.) Darth Maul dies in a stupid way
    2.) jago fett dies in a stupid way
    3.) yoda usese the force to lift up the big object thats going to crush anakin and obi instead of using a force-push to get them out of the way, letting dath sidious escape in a stupid way.
    4.) stupid lighting effects when anakin battles sidious before obi shows up.

i cant wait till the next movie when everyone dies. then ill be happy.

8. Originally posted by Despair
    Well, If talking older SW films, yes, fight in ESB is excellent.
    Well, yeah. I mean, the fight isn't as technically complex or as fast-paced as some of the fights in the newer SW films, but as far as drama and atmosphere goes Luke Vs. Vader in ESB can't be beat. Plus, the fight actually had a cool ending (Vader chops off Luke's hand).

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

9. Originally posted by Yamcha
    Qui-Gon + Obi-Wan vs. Darth Maul?

OK, my question is an oldie: Why did Darth Maul stand there and let himself get hacked in two?
    I don't freaking know! He was taking on TWO Jedi's at once, and then he just stands there. Lucas can bite my hairy, Jewish ass!!!

I voted for Yoda vs. Dooku because it's imagery is crappy and comical...a perfect representation of what has become of Star Wars as a whole.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

Originally posted by Captain Vegetable
    I don't freaking know! He was taking on TWO Jedi's at once, and then he just stands there.
    Actually, he was only facing one; Qui-Gon was dying, and Obi-Wan was hanging on by a thread. The only reason he stood there was because he was overconfident, and thought he had already won. It's a recurring theme in the SW movies(remember in Jedi, when Luke said,"your overconfidence is your weakness"?).

I voted for Yoda vs. Dooku because it's imagery is crappy and comical...a perfect representation of what has become of Star Wars as a whole.

Not to be rude or anything, but I'm so sick of people bashing the prequels just because they're not as good as the OT, which is not even a valid remark. The PT isn't supposed to be the OT; it's a different time, setting, and enviornment. It goes from Innocence(TPM) to Full-On Evil(Ep. 3) to Retaliation(ESB) to Redemption (ROTJ). Also, with Jar-Jar: he's meant to show the utter innocence(and blindness) of the galaxy at that point. A charcter like him would be killed immediately in a setting like ESB, but since the galaxy in the PT is kind and peaceful, a race like the Gungans could exist. This is not an attack on you(or anyone else), but to the people I've known/spoken to about this. At least Captain Vegetable had the decency and intelligence not to go into one of those,"George Lucas raped my childhood!!!!!11" rants. I wish more people like him were SW fans.
    Originally posted by Lordmrw
    You should have your testicles kicked in and a permanent squeaky voice as a eternal reminder you of what you've just said.
    lordmrw on the subject of praising E.T. on Atari