View Poll Results:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Star Wars

1. I like this guy above me, he speaks the truth. Anyway, if you look at Ep1, there were problems, one was the kid whos plays Anakin, in some scenes he nailed it and in others he was bad .Then there was Darth Maul, the greatest Sith lord out there, who fights using his speed, but he was not fast enough to turn around and block Ob-wan's attack.

In Ep2 there where 2 lines that didn't work well, one was when Yoda says "bring him in", who the hell is him, later on though we find out that it's jango Fett, but he should've said bring this Bounty Hunter in or something, so we know who obi-wan's going after. Another mess-up was when C-3PO says, "I wonder where is little Artoo, he always getting himself into trouble". But how can C-3PO know that if thats there first adventure with each other. And last, Anakin was either throwing out poetry or crying, the only time when he was good, is when he does is Jedi stuff, like killing everyone in the village, after his mother dies.

In Ep4-Ep6, All the lines were perfect, the cast was perfect and the visual effects didn't overshadow the movie and it's characters. Thats why people don't like Ep1 and Ep2, my friend.

I am looking forward to Ep3.

2. Ok, I gotta pipe up here. All you guys claiming that Maul was the baddest Sith. Maul has NOTHING on Vader. Just cuz Vader wasn't compensating for a lack of genetalia by carrying a two bladed sabre doens't make him a lesser badass than Maul. I'd say in fact it's the opposite. Vader is the baddest because he did all that he did using his strength with the force. I dont remember seeing Maul using the force all that much.

3. Maul was cool and all, entertaining to watch, but he just didn't have the presence Vader did, to me at least..

I personally think Dooku is far more badass than Maul, that lightsaber with the curved handle was cool, not to mention he took on Yoda

4. Well, Tyranus/Dooku is indeed a decent villian. I liked his stylish lightsaber, and he fought very well, especially for the guy his age. Obi looked pretty bad compared to him in original SW.

Vader is great, too bad earlier SW films lack good choreography of current ones. If you compare the 2, Jedi of late, really lack skills of jedi of old. I understand that it would be silly to expect Vader do flips in his armor, like Maul, but Maul came out better during fight scenes, and Vader is better overall.

And Jedi fighters always sucked.

5. Vader is cool Villian and he is a good example of how even the innocent can fall to the dark side. But Darth Maul was a pure sith lord, he's always been evil, his double-edge lightsaber was unseened since the Sith Wars. Plus he had those sith tatoos painfully absorbed on to his skin, now thats a true sith lord.

6. Originally posted by shinji
    Actually, he was only facing one; Qui-Gon was dying, and Obi-Wan was hanging on by a thread. The only reason he stood there was because he was overconfident, and thought he had already won. It's a recurring theme in the SW movies(remember in Jedi, when Luke said,"your overconfidence is your weakness"?).
    So that whole bit which started in the hanger, which spilled into the large room with all of the bridges, all the way up to when they got seperated by the energy barriers doesn't count?

Whatever.

Not to be rude or anything, but I'm so sick of people bashing the prequels just because they're not as good as the OT, which is not even a valid remark. The PT isn't supposed to be the OT; it's a different time, setting, and enviornment. It goes from Innocence(TPM) to Full-On Evil(Ep. 3) to Retaliation(ESB) to Redemption (ROTJ). Also, with Jar-Jar: he's meant to show the utter innocence(and blindness) of the galaxy at that point. A charcter like him would be killed immediately in a setting like ESB, but since the galaxy in the PT is kind and peaceful, a race like the Gungans could exist. This is not an attack on you(or anyone else), but to the people I've known/spoken to about this. At least Captain Vegetable had the decency and intelligence not to go into one of those,"George Lucas raped my childhood!!!!!11" rants. I wish more people like him were SW fans.
    I know what you're saying, and I agree (except for all that garbage symbolism you came up with to explain Jar-Jar...who isn't as annoying as everyone thinks, but is surely not as you describe him). It's a different time which takes place in the same universe. However, the plot devices are horrible, and the overall casting, scripting, directing, and imagery is all shoddy. Not as good as the first tril? Oh please. Star Wars was never on that high a level to begin with. The prequils are definitly better than the originals, but that isn't saying much at all.

They are crappy. Period.

Darth Vader is, however, one of the best villians ever concieved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

7. You said it, Captain Veggie