Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Kung Fu

1. Star Wars Kung Fu

Check out these 2 SW Fan films. Lucas should take some notes on how to stage the Light Saber Fights in his films.

Art of the Saber

http://download.theforce.net/theater...heSaberMk2.mov

Duality

http://www.crewoftwo.com/

Click on Movie.

2. Art of the Saber fucking rocked, that was sweet as hell!

Currently downloading Duality...

[edit] Bah, should've watched them in the opposite order. Duality was more impressive on a technical level, but was otherwise completely inferior. Didn't have nearly the level of fighting of AotS with too much emphasis on flashy moves they couldn't really do. Oh, and the paintball mask was not only silly, it made me think of a Mortal Kombat character.

3. Art of the Saber is really impressive. Some great martial arts on top of very, very well done sound editing. Plus, I never got lost in the action, the choregraphy and direction worked together perfectly.

Just watched Duality and pretty much agree with Mech on all counts. Technically it's really impressive, a lot of work went into making that. But the choregraphy was definatly behind AotS. It looked much more planned out and was much slower than AotS. Too much spinning of the sabers and some moves that weren't pulled off all that well. While not horrible in anyway (I really liked the end of the battle), AotS was just more expertly done in terms of fighting.

4. Well, I agree with you guys. Art of Saber is my favorite of 2. Even though it lacks higher production values, and flashy fx of Duality, it has better fight choreography, and I really liked the music it had. Its sad overtones, fit the mood of the film very well.

Hopefully more people here will check these out.

5. quicktime says art of saber is not a recognizable file?!
    your mom

6. Huh? My quicktime played it just fine. Check options to see what types of files selected in your QT player.

7. I wish they used a different song in Art of the Saber once the fight kicked in =/
    pwned by Ivan

8. Hmm, I thought the song was fine, and didnt interrupted the fighting in any way. I dont think it needed a heart pouding theme, and sad melody suited it well, especially with the sad outcome of the fight.

9. Wow...what else can I say about that Art of the Sabers. You wonder where the line is between being very, very good at something, and being a professional at it. I wonder why these guys wouldn't be working in Hollywood, and whats crazy is they probably have normal ass jobs.

10. They probably have been practicing martial arts for most of their lives and do it because the love it. At the end of the credits there's a note that says they thought it would be fun to do a short film for fun, "And it was." I think the best movies are done with the purest intentions and the drive to make something that you are proud of.