Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "McFarlane's Monsters"

1. "McFarlane's Monsters"

This just in from Gamespot:

Konami has announced that it's currently working on McFarlane's Monsters, an action/fighting game for the PlayStation 2. The game will let players take control of monster hunters as they battle through a variety of environments in a quest to take on Dracula, Frankenstein, the Werewolf, and a various assortment of other creatures. Players will have access to swords and other weapons as well as different magic attacks.
    McFarlane's Monsters is scheduled for release this fall.
    Sounds gay. Though Konami's making it...could be okay. I'm just not a McFarlane fan.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

2. Someone needs to tell Konami that McFarlane didn't invent Dracula, Frankenstein, and such...

*rimshot*
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

3. What's up with all these monster-themed games? Did developers just start playing War of the Monsters and realize that this concept could sell?
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

4. Originally posted by Hero
    Someone needs to tell Konami that McFarlane didn't invent Dracula, Frankenstein, and such...

*rimshot*

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

5. I am the opposite. I love the way in which McFarlane draws and embellishes his characters with a sinister touch and a look of brutality. I, for one, am hoping that they model the things right (like the action figures or something) and that they aren't waterred down.

This game needs to be rated M to be anything close to something McFarlane would've put out, I believe. I doubt it will be, but who knows? If you asked me about war of the monsters last week I would've told you it's trash.

This week I want to buy it. Although many would probably choose my former.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

6. I dug McFarlane before he got too big for his britches. When Spawn first came out, and "Image Comics" was being forcast into failure, I thought his ideas were fresh and cool.

Now...he doesn't even draw Spawn anymore. He's too concerned with movie deals and video games and the like.

That said, I still love the Spawn mythos, and the overall darkness portrayed in most of McFarlane's works, his toy lines included. So, I think I'll be looking forward to this game until someone or something gives me reason to re-evaluate the situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

7. Man, I hope the character models in this game can't stand correctly, can't hold their weapons and often fall apart!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.

8. Originally posted by burgundy
    Man, I hope the character models in this game can't stand correctly, can't hold their weapons and often fall apart!
    Fingers crossed... X !
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

9. Wow, I'm a McFarlane fan too, but this sounds pretty damn lame And isn't this weird? Namco just showed off Spawn and another McFarlane character in Soul Cal 2, and now Konami is doing a game with him?
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

10. Often fall apart? Well, it IS on the PS2...
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan