Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: any msties out there?

1. any msties out there?

Mst3k rocks. I have been downloading episodes on kazaa nonstop. I hope I can save enough money someday to buy a few seasons worth of tapes at once. Stop by and post a quote.

"It's times like this I wish the south would rise again, and crush the north." Giant Spider Invasion
    "I don't like fellas that kill me. Not in general."

2. Although I wouldn't really consider myself a "hardcore" fan, considering I didn't even know about the show until it started it's run on Sci-Fi, I definately love it, one of my favorite shows ever. Seeing as how I love shitty movies, I have yet to see an episode I don't like, and have been downloading them on Kazaa as well. It might seem like blasphemy to longtime fans but I actually prefer the Mike episodes over Joels, simply because that's the ones I first saw, and that got me liking the series. There are still some great Joel ones though, I have Santa Claus Conquers the Martians, Gamera and Master Ninja on my comp right now, and those easily as good as the newer ones that I've seen. Puma Man and Track of the Moon Beast are some of my personal favorites lately, I need to start putting these on vcd...

3. I don't think I've ever seen a Joel episode. I started watching when Mike was cruisin space with the bots. Great show and a pretty funny movie.

4. Yes! Crow is the greatest pre-Bender robot character EVER!

I really love the Comedy Central episodes... it just wasn't the same after Dr. Forrester (aka original Crow voice) and TV's Frank left the show... Pearl just wasn't funny. No comedic timing.

Tom: Any movie with 'wakka-cha-wakka' is okay by me.
    Joel & Crow [in background]: Wakka-cha-wakka-cha-wakka-cha-wakka-cha-wakka...
    Tom [sings]: It was the third of September/the day I'll always remember...

5. PUMA MAN!

DEVIL DOLL!

This is my 2nd favorite show ever, right behind The Sopranos. Never cared for the interlude things, but the movie portions made me piss my pants. Great show. I used to get up early on Saturday to watch it. I only got into it when it was on Sci-Fi (because my area didnt get Comedy Central on cable until 1999, believe it or not), but I got some tapes from the old Joel ones. Manos Hands of Fate, Red Zone Cube, and a couple others. Oh man, great stuff.

My favorite episode was episode #904, Werewolf. If you have never seen it, go to any lengths possible to. Its unbelievable.

6. I love MST3K. I never seen a Joel episode, though. All early morning Sci-Fi channel for me, I used to get up early to watch those. I've seen Warewolf, its good, but my favorite is probably Mutiny In Space. The chase at the end with the carts that go 4mph is classic.
    pwned by Ivan

7. LOL! I remember that. Hahaha. Space Mutiny is probably my 2nd favorite MST3K believe it or not. The old grizzled guy in Werewolf, and the way they rip into him, makes it #1 for me.

8. MST3K is completely awesome. I like Mike better than Joel too, though Joel was no slouch. I used to watch this late at night on the (now) WB local affiliate on Saturdays. The first one I had ever seen was the one with "Santa Claus Conquers The Martians" which is now (by itself) a holiday favorite. It was coincidence that The Laziest Men on Mars made this a more freqent subject then All Your Base or SA's Push/Shove Robots. Thier very name is derived from the movie Droppo!

Nothing can stop Torg!
    o_O

9. Mutiny in Space was last week's episode on Sci Fi and that one was fucking hilarious. Still, if anyone hasn't seen the Puma Man one yet you HAVE to, that's gotta be one of the best of all time. I know I've seen the Werewolf one it's just been a long time. I think at the end a girl turns into a werewolf alongside the guy, I might be wrong on that. Another good one is "Overdrawn at the Memory Bank", starring none other than Raul Julia in what had to be one of his first roles. That movie is at a level of shittiness that just has to be seen, words can't do it justice. One last one I will recommend is Future War, and as I gave a passing mention to earlier, Santa Claus Conquers the Martians, which I'm sure Tracer can agree is pretty freaking great. That polar bear costume alone was worth the viewing, not to mention the other off the wall shit throughout. All of the episodes I have mentioned can be had on Kazaa so I suggest checking them out...

Also I saw Joel on some HBO Comics thing from the 90s. He did 10-15 minutes of standup with a bag of props, where he would pull one out, do a scene with it, then pull another one out and so on. Truthfully it wasn't all that funny, but it was still interesting to see the traces of his MST3K brand of humor in there

10. Doug Branches, yea, thats how Werewolf ends. And Ive seen Puma Man, amazing stuff.

The reason why MST3K didnt skip a beat when Mike replaced Joel was because Mike was the head writer of the show from the beginning, and when Joel left, he just took on acting duties as well. So while the interlude scenes may have lost some luster, the rest of the show was as good as it always was.

Did any of you guys see the very last episode? In it they finally get off the spaceship, and Mike ends up with the robots and they are sitting in their home in like Wisconsin just watching bad movies and making fun of them. Really good stuff.