Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite manga!

1. Favorite manga!

I'm a poor college student so I don't have the money to buy that much anime. So I do the next best thing...sometimes even better READ manga! Whats so of yalls fav's and recommendations?

Here is some I'm currently reading.

Kazan- I like the character art and story
    Steam Detectives- Love the powerstone look and quirky story
    Battle Angel Alita- classic
    Berserk- BLOWS the anime out the water and my personal fav
    Blame!- If you liked aeon flux, you'll REALLY dig this.
    Kourou Gunso- Wacky stuff but I enjoy it
    GTO- Most funniest thing I've read

There's a few, I'll list more when not at school.. shhhhh <hides from teacher>

2. I love Manga. I'm a big Steam Detectives fan too. Battle Angel Alita is good also. Here's a few others I own:

Super Street Fighter II: Cammy
    Several volumes of Oh! My Goddess
    Eat-Man
    Blood: The Last Vampire 2002

And a few others I can't remember right now. I really plan on collecting a lot more Manga in the near future (Love Hina looks great). Good stuff.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

3. Gunnm and Berserk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

4. Akira is the best ever.

Appleseed and GITS are good as well.

5. Do a search, they're at least two big threads about manga. My favorite is Nausicaa.
    pwned by Ivan

6. That was a good one too. Disney should release that movie, I only have the 1st 3rd of it on Real Player. :/

7. Re: Favorite manga!

Originally posted by Rtificial

Battle Angel Alita- classic
    Theres a new manga out called Gunnm: Last Order. The artist rushed parts of it, especially the last volume so he redid the last half of the series.

Kinda sucks knowing the ending in Battle Angel Alita isn't the real ending...and hopefully Figure Four is still in the "sequel".
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

8. Originally posted by mattvanstone
    That was a good one too. Disney should release that movie, I only have the 1st 3rd of it on Real Player. :/
    Ghibli hasn't even released it on dvd yet, looks like they're planning it for last =/
    pwned by Ivan

9. Hikaru no Go
    Naruoto
    SaiKano
    Pretty Face
    Love hina
    Chobits

10. too many to list...

actually, if you dig up the old manga threads you could find what my favs are.

Battle Angel and Ashen Victor are top of my list. and horror manga like Uzumaki, Flesh Colored Horror and Orochi: Blood are damn good.

and anything that's under the PULP label is almost always top notch. Dance till Tomorrow and Voyeurs/Voyeurs Inc. being two favorites (orochi and uzumaki are also PULP titles).