Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Great Battle Epics!

1. If speaking of swords and heroics, Cutthroat Island was pretty good Pirate/Adventure movie.

The Messenger, while not a very good film, did had a few battle scenes.

2. Originally posted by Error
    Uh, ya, why doenst Gladiator count?
    Robin Hood Prince of Thieves.
    Gladiator is good - it should count I suppose. I didn't like it that much though :/ Prince of Theives though... I am very supised that I didn't even once think about that. Good call sir.

Conan the Destroyer shall be striken from the record that. Awful film. Red Sonya was more over the top than even The Destroyer but I really expected Red Sonya to be that. Conan the Barbarian is a classic though and should never be forgotten.

Patriot is ok. I like it about as much as Gladiator which is only moderately so. It's more shooting than stabing but that's ok I guess... just not what I'm looking for. Same for Glory.

Now Black Hawk Down and Saving Private Ryan are excellent films but they don't fit the criteria. I can't say fantasy because Historical fiction applies too... but it has to be pre 1700's for it to count :P

ºTracer

[edit] Haven't seen the messenger. I may though.
    o_O

3. Braveheart contains some of the most brutal battles I have ever seen. Plus, the movie is pretty good too.

4. Historic Thai movies - Bangrajan and Shirothai have grand and very violent battle scenes.