Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Metroid Prime

1. Metroid Prime

I was blown away by Prime at first, but now that I'm 10 hours in, I'm completely bored. I haven't played it for a week, and I have no desire to get back into it. It's a great game, but it's just one of those things that can't be helped.

2. *waits for MechDeus to chime in about how he beat the game the day he got it so didn't really have time to get bored with it*

I only speak the truth.
    Well that's like, your opinion, man.

3. That reminds me, I still need to buy this game.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

4. My mom still needs to buy this game for me.

God, she sure does take her sweet time...
    Well that's like, your opinion, man.

I bought, beat it, and traded it. I have no desire to play it again.

6. Re: Metroid Prime

Originally posted by Mfkzt
    I was blown away by Prime at first, but now that I'm 10 hours in, I'm completely bored. I haven't played it for a week, and I have no desire to get back into it. It's a great game, but it's just one of those things that can't be helped.
    Had the same problem here, bud. The good part with you is that you actually made it past the 3 hour point before losing interest. They really need to shake the Metroid series up, I was personally let down with the fact that you had to just get everything over again like a 3D super metroid without some of the abilities which wouldn't translate into 2D (fast running thingy)
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

7. i highly enjoyed all the time i put into it, i think about 16-18 hours

didnt get bored yet

I am the last boss, havent beaten it yet

I am taking a break from playing it though because I dont want to end up breaking my controller

not once have I lost interest in it, i think the game is wonderful, best game in the last couple of years
    but to each their own

8. i still love it

im very happy with the game like 18 hour sinto it now (im looking for 100%) im at like 84% and im going for the full 100

i dont know i love the metroid style so im still loving it trying to find all the missle upgrades and stuff
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

9. I think Nintendo was so obsessed with making Super Metroid in 3D that they didn't want retro to change the formula too much. Now that Retro has shut the collective mouth of the naysayers, they will shed the shackles and come up with something equally as impressive, but far more fresh. Prime was fresh mainly because of the change of perspective, and not because of a change in gameplay.

If you like Prime to begin with, I find it odd that it bored you after awhile. unlike every other game released today, you don't have to sit through hours of cutscenes or dialog. its just 100% gameplay. very old-school in that regard.

LOL Guest

Re: Metroid Prime

Originally posted by Mfkzt
    No shit. This happens nearly every time you stop playing any game.

Originally posted by Jeremy
    That reminds me, I still need to buy this game.
    That reminds me, I still need to buy some lettuce from the grocery store.