Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Episode III news

Episode III news

Even though George is still currently writing the script for Ep.III, there has been news about the going on's for the last SW prequel.

BEWARE OF SPOILERS FOR EPISODE III!!!

Fact #1 - Darth Vader WILL be in Ep. III. George Lucas has stated that in the last 5 minutes of the movie, we will see and hear DV. James Earl Jones is very excited to reprise his role as the voice of the most feared villan in cinema.

Fact #2 - The film will begin with the ending battle of the Clone Wars. After the battle is over, the film will take an Empire Strikes Back-esque turn and become very small and personal, dealing with Obi-Wan, Anakin, Padme, and Yoda.

Fact #3 - Anakin's fate will mirror Luke's in ROTJ. Anakin will come to a situation where he will have the opportunity to kill a person to cross over to the dark side, while being watched by the Emperor. I think we all know what happens.

Fact #4 - John Williams knows the ending of Ep. III. "It's a fabulous ending", he states.

Fact #5 - All the Jedi will die at the end of the Clone Wars. Mace Windu(Sam Jackson)wants to die honorably, and "cool-looking".

Fact #6 - Jar Jar will be back for Ep. III. Anakin(Hayden Christensen)will look physically different. He's been working out for 8 weeks now, and will look "a lot beefier and muscular". Think Stifler from American Pie's physique.

More news as it comes. I'll update this regularly.
    Originally posted by Lordmrw
    You should have your testicles kicked in and a permanent squeaky voice as a eternal reminder you of what you've just said.
    lordmrw on the subject of praising E.T. on Atari

2. Fact #7 - Natalie Portman will, indeed, have a nude shower scene.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

3. Go James Earl Jones

Isn't the scene where Anakin falls into a lava pit after fighting with Obi-Wan confirmed? I read Lucas is creating a lava planet/scene, so this seems likely. I think the Emperor fixes Anakin's body with all that mechanical gadgetry to make the Darth Vader we all know.

Takumi - you would think that scene would still be intact, seeing as it does actually happen in the storyline. However, they have fucked with other history items (the Death Star was NOT created that way), so who knows what Lucas will decide to fuck up and destroy for Episode III.

5. Originally posted by piku
    However, they have fucked with other history items (the Death Star was NOT created that way)
    Um, yes it was.

The films are canon. The Geonosians designed the Death Star, and George Lucas confirms this on the Episode II DVD commentary. None of the other films contradict this.

Back on topic: I'm extremely excited about Episode III. As one of the few remaining true Star Wars fans who enjoyed all five SW movies thus far, I am thrilled with the prequel storyline and look forward to seeing how it ends.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

6. I agree with sleeveboy. I've liked all of the SW movies and am extremely excited about finale. I'm just hoping that GL can match what LOTR is doing and make something that is great from beginning to end.

SC

7. You just made my day shinji, thank you.

8. Go SW info!!!! *hugs shinji* MORE PLEASE

9. Fact #5 - All the Jedi will die at the end of the Clone Wars. Mace Windu(Sam Jackson)wants to die honorably, and "cool-looking".
    Maybe he sacrifices himself trying to take down a bigger threat.

It would be funny if he slipped and fell into a vat of lava, or he'd accidentally drop his light saber when it's turned on and he slips on a piece of rock and accidentally impales himself. Ultimate badass.

10. They will die from picking up gernade that says "pick me up" on the side.