Thread: Character Art: Lapse

1. Character Art: Lapse

This is a wip (work in progress) it's for an indisclosed project I cannot talk about that I am working on with another TNLer who will remain nameless.

His name is Lapse. A chajin talking, heavy weapons totting lovable loudmouth who gets the protagonist into as much trouble as he bails him out of:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lapse.jpg 
Views:	298 
Size:	142.8 KB 
ID:	68  
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

2. Nobody...

Where's that guy with the dancing girl in his avatar?
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

3. Don't worry Andrew, I like it. He reminds me of Dr. Zaius from the Planet of the Apes. He seems kind of top heavy though (of course that could have been how he was meant to be).

4. Kickass man.

5. Yes. And thank you.

THe one thing I didn't intend was one of the shouldpads being larger than the other... oh well.

6. So... since this a work in progress, have you gotten any further with it? Keep us updated.

7. Oh I will. I'm planning to colour it soon, but I'm busy with school so it'll probably be on spare time, which isn't much. But I'm not that adept at colouring my photographs. I mean, I see some of the images around and they kick alot of ass and I don't want my pictures to look like ass... so....

Any tips?

I think I can dig up a link from one of my earlier experiments which I have yet to finish because of the lack of direction. Note, this is my first colouring digitally, EVER and I had no direction or help in any form:

http://www.joystickadventures.com/im...al/Crafter.jpg

8. Not bad... but his legs are too short... not to mention it's always a bad idea to crop off a character's legs on the first draw...

Your Crafter coloring is pretty decent though. You might want to figure out a specific light direction and shade accordingly. The highlights and shadows don't seem to follow a definite pattern. Remember to use light and shadow to emphasize form and shape.

Plus it seems you never finished coloring the shading on it.

9. I know I'm so busy with school. In time!!!