Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "Gay Plague"

1. Shine, what exactly did Bush do wrong here? I doubt they did a thurough background check on the guy, it's not exactly a high-visibilty or high-importance post. The majority of Americans will forget about this 5 seconds after hearing it. The administration basically said "whoops. That guy's way too radical, let's not use him." I wouldn't be surprised if Bush or one of his admins gave the guy a "you should have said something about this, idiot" phone call. He probably won't get invited to any more presidental functions now...

These are people, they are not perfect. Really, the only reason you posted this is because your "side" lost the election (and the Congressional elections after it), so now you're just trying to make mountains out of molehills. Acting like Bush is teh S474N does not qualify as "political discourse".

2. Originally posted by JMET
    I work with HUGE numbers of conservative christians and ill tell you right now that Bush is their man.

Lieberman wont get the vote from them...

Baptist/Methodist specifically....

And I always took Liebermans actions as not common sense and down the middle but more like BIG government telling you and I what we can and cannot do.

You wouldnt so happen to be a Democrat would you?
    I'm a pretty committed Republican - something I think I've shown in other political posts I've made. Bush is strong in some areas, but he's shown no backbone in others - I don't think the measures Lieberman has supported can be seen as anything other than the actions of someone who believes that corporations can and should conduct themselves morally, which sounds conservative enough to me.

Hell, where do you think the entertainment industry's political funding goes to - it's not the Republicans, eh? Lieberman's a man of (very genuine) faith, which is both conservative, and impressive. He's got some problems, even though a lot of those 'problems' have to do with parts of the Republican platform I don't necessarily agree with. I think a neocon could support Lieberman in good conscience if Bush keeps on pussying out when it comes to throwing down on Israel, or if he fails to push through that (excellent) tax cut.

Originally posted by ShineAqua
    He wanted this guy on the panel. The idea is that Bush isn't checking up on these peoples backgrounds and just going for the ones that he feels would make him look good. Then he had to go off and be a bigot making Bush look like a fool.
    Someone has a short and selective memory. Do you not remember how many of Clinton's appointees had skeletons in the closet?