Page 1 of 10 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Your small pleasures in life?

1. Your small pleasures in life?

One of the tiny things that brightens my heart more than alot of other things is walking outside on a brisk, chilly, cold night and smelling the scent of burning wood in the distance (perhaps at a campfire or bonfire) - particularly hickory wood, and at the same time having the sky clear and full of bright stars. Thats what its like outside my house right now - absolutley brilliant - I stayed out there for a couple minutes freezing as all hell but just taking in the atmosphere.

Of course I'd much rather prefer to enjoy such a clear cold night with the burning wood scent around somewhere more complementary to the feelings it evokes, such as a campfire in the wilderness - as opposed to my neighborhood but I'll take what I can get.

There's one of mine - now what are yours?
    Commentaries and Opinions on Metal

Eating a nice meal, yeah that's about it.

3. Walking outside in the middle of the night when no one is out, sittind down with the moon and the stars shining down on me and just chillin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

Laying in bed or playing a game when it rains outside. Oh yeah, nothing like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi View Post
    SNK is like an abusive boyfriend; he keeps hitting me, and I want to leave him, but then I think about the good times we have together and keep telling myself I'll give him just one more chance to change.

5. Looking at the sky and seeing all sorts of beautiful colors will always cheer me up.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

6. Originally posted by FighterX
    Laying in bed or playing a game when it rains outside. Oh yeah, nothing like it.
    That kicks ass. It's better if it's cold and cloudy out too.

I love the smell of fresh cut grass, especially on a sunny Sunday morning. It just screams "lazy Sunday" to me.

7. Originally posted by Melf
    That kicks ass. It's better if it's cold and cloudy out too.

I love the smell of fresh cut grass, especially on a sunny Sunday morning. It just screams "lazy Sunday" to me.
    I'll second all these things - especially the staying in when its cold, cloudy and rainy and just doing something YOU want to do - like read a book (can't bring myself to read on sunny days that often) or playing a game. I think that such an activity had more impact back when I was younger but it still holds some magic.

8. I like ashen cold winter days. Homeade stew and LOTS of La Trappe Ale. Mix that with a good book and some nice music and I'm just about set.

I also like camping and, station knows this, the same thing described in this thread. The smell of buring wood on a cold starry night.

*sniff*

Yeah... good times.
    o_O

9. Originally posted by Tracer
    The smell of buring wood on a cold starry night.
    Thats what its like back here in the woods right now! I dunno about where you're at - Bellaire probably smells like a sewer.

10. A cigarette in the cold, with just a little bit of fog. I have to go outside now.