Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Movies in your "To Watch" Pile

1. Done with Suicide Circle, now that was one fucked up and weird movie.

2. Violent Cop
    Hero (YES!)
    Boiling Point
    All About Lily Chou Chou
    Drunken Master
    The Killer
    Attack The Gas Station
    Come Drink With Me
    Koroshiya-1 anime
    Dead Or Alive 2: Birds
    Wild Zero
    Ghost Dog
    City Hunter
    Pom Poko
    Omohide Poro Poro

I know I'm missing quite a few. Some of these I've already seen, but have just acquired on DVD.
    God is Rome

3. Post how is Koroshiya-1 anime

Did you get vcd of Hero? I hope its a good boot.

4. Somebody apparently stole the film from a theatre in HK and digitally transferred it to a computer, so there are already bootleg DVDs out in HK
    God is Rome

5. I'm waiting for Hero official dvd that will be out Feb 20th.

6. Is brother that gangster movie with Beat Takeshi(sp?)? Because thats what I want to see.

7. Originally posted by arjue
    Is brother that gangster movie with Beat Takeshi(sp?)? Because thats what I want to see.
    Omar Epps is in it.
    Well that's like, your opinion, man.

8. Ok, My pile got a big increase

Got 3 Thai films:

Bang Rajan: Legend of Village Warriors(Thai Braveheart)
    Killer Tatoo (action comedy HK style)
    The Brotherhood 7 (action comedy)

Extreme Challenge (HK) Action
    School On Fire (HK) Drama

JSA - Korean military drama

Replacement Killers Special Edition (seen it before, but want to watch all the extras)

9. Update:

Freeze Me - Jap Horror/Revenge - girl is raped and years later the guys come back she kills them 1 by 1 and keeps their bodies in freezers. very violent and kinda wierd how the chick is treated in society for something that wasnt her fault, lots of jap b00bies, compareable to I spit on your grave. Has the same director as the first Evil Dead Trap. prob not something i would watch again

Brotherhood of the Wolf- This movie was great, had a little bit of everything, the woman wanted to watch english dubbed, so ill go back and watch subtitled this week.

Undercover Brother - so/so definitely better than Austin Powers 3, and Doogie Chris Kattan and Dave Chappel deliver the funniest scenes

Invasion of the Body Snatchers -1978 Leonard Nimoy- Damn I still love this movie

Hotaru no haka - Grave of the Fireflies - Jap WW2 Anime- this was soo depressing, a very good film, and shows a great point of view of WW2, just expected it get "happy" at some point but it slowly got more and more depressing. highly recommended

Still To Watch:
    Zombie - Lucio Fulci
    The Bourne Identity
    The Gate
    Mickey Mouse in Living Color - Disney Tin
    Trainspotting (seen it many times, just bought the DVD)

New Additions:
    Re-Animator Millenium Edition
    Bad Taste
    Night of the Living Dead 30th Annversary Ed (original and 1980s remake)
    Beastie Boys Sabotage (have vhs, i just wish they would relese skills to pay the bills on dvd)

10. The Bourne Identity- I was So/So on this one just enough action just enough story Matt Damon is kinda goofy for an action hero. Nice to see how easily the government can track anyone down withing hours/minutes *sarcasm*

Re-Animator Millenium Edition- Speaking of horror Flicks, this one is now in my all time faves category, I loved IT lots of nice bloody scenes and who can forget that pet cat. Great soundtrack sets the mood perfectly and the characters are very memorable. Herbert is a crazy dude

Bad Taste-I'm Damn on (not Damon) a roll for splatterfest/gore/horror films this week. This is Peter Jacksons first flick (guy who directed the lord of the rings trilogy) I watched it twice. The first time I was a little disappointed with the storyline, i didnt know what to expect but I loved the effects. when I rewatched it I saw the true brilliance of this low budget gorefest. Lots of brains lots of alien bodily explosions. Highly Recommended. The whole movie has improvised dialogue which truly adds to the cheesy atmosphere. Now I gotta go pick up Dead Alive, right after I join the Peter Jackson fan club, and eat some crunchy delights

Night of the Living Dead 30th Annversary Ed- What more Zombie flicks you say? Great movie with the original cool twist ending. They added 15 minutes of newly filmed footage for the 30th anniversary (did not enjoy this as much as I thought it would be original footage) This also contains the 1989 version with the new soundtrack, but I havent watched that yet. George Romero is a Genius I say. The film that started it all.

Zombie - Lucio Fulci - And yet another great Zombie Flick. A lot of excellent sight gags especially the eyeball scene, definitely recommended, not many "jumpy" scenes, but really good throughout. Nice to see how its not just a confined problem with Zombies on an Island but becomes something greater. Now I gotta check out parts 2, 3, and 4

Beastie Boys Sabotage- How could I not watch this? Great tracks same as VHS version, It made me go out and buy the Sounds of Science compilation (must be subliminal messages in the guitar riffs)

Sweet Home Alabama- What a piece of crap movie, damn women always make you watch the sappy junk, this one was just yuck. I need to go wash my eyes out with kerosene

Still To Watch:

The Gate
    Mickey Mouse in Living Color - Disney Tin - I found a second copy and am entertaining trade offers, I really want the Band of Brothers Tin
    Trainspotting

New Additions:

Bride of the Re-Animator - a direct sequel to the first Re-Animator, but this one is now oop and sells for like 50 on Ebay, luckily found a copy used for 15, i just hope its as good as the original.

Akira Special Edition Tin- what can I say?, upgraded to the Tin

Tokyo Fist- Manga movie release, Ive seen this on Ebay for 75-100 and even then they rarely popup, found it for 25 hidden in a pile of comedies at Virgin Megastore

How to Get Ahead in Advertising Criterion- Also found at Virgin for 25, figured since its oop and selling for some good cash on Ebay and it got great comedic reviews, Id check it out.

Amelie
    Ichi The Killer 2 Disc PAL SE- Should be in the mail, cant wait til it gets here!