Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Comics.

1. I've been looking for some indie stuff to get. I see reviews for some interesting ones in magazines from time to time but can never find em in stores. There is maybe 2 or 3 places that I know of here that carry a lot of stuff tho, they are just far away.

I like stuff that is twisted or funny, or got lots of action or a pretty cool art style. Any recommendations?

I've seen bone around, whats it about really?
    My friends used to collect Maxx and Tank girl, should I borrow these?

2. Kia asamiya's work in Uncanny is really uncanny...
    I mostly read Ultimate marvel stuff and JLA and JSA.
    I started picking up Lee and Leob's run on Batman and I am absolutely amazed by it.

3. Originally posted by Rtificial
    I've been looking for some indie stuff to get. I see reviews for some interesting ones in magazines from time to time but can never find em in stores. There is maybe 2 or 3 places that I know of here that carry a lot of stuff tho, they are just far away.

I like stuff that is twisted or funny, or got lots of action or a pretty cool art style. Any recommendations?

I've seen bone around, whats it about really?
    My friends used to collect Maxx and Tank girl, should I borrow these?
    Tank Girl is one of my faves, so I think that you'd enjoy that.

And Bone....oh Bone, in my top five comics of all time.

4. Originally posted by Rtificial
    Stray Bullets isn't twisted or really funny (it can be very intense though), but it has lots of action and is excellent. You really gotta start with issue one though, so nowadays you'd have to go the TPB route.

Here's issue 2 in its entirety (this is the author's website). Which was a good issue and a nice, free, intro to the series.