Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A note to Sega, regarding instruction manuals...

1. A note to Sega, regarding instruction manuals...

Think about it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.

2. isnt nintendo really the only company thats used color (post 8-bit)?

3. Halo's manual is in color!

Its funny how big a difference color makes. Color makes your purchase seem a lot better, like the company cares. Black and white just makes it look cheap and shoddy like the company doesn't give a shit. The only thing worse is when you open up ap roduct and see a HUGE thick manual, but it has like six languages in it.

This goes for everything btw, not just games.

4. Well, third parties for Nintendo systems put out color manuals. I can't recall seeing too many PS2 B&W ones.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

5. Tecmo seems to put a lot of effort into their manuals instead of in the actual game. But, yes, I'm aware that Konami and Capcom are usually guily as well.

6. Actually, SOJ features color manuals man. For some reason, U.S. developers tend to shy away from that. Mostly because of productions costs (or so they say). I remember when I was looking through the manuals for Sonic Jam, and how I reacted at seeing what the Japanese got for their instructions manuals. Naturally, I felt they were so much better. Even the Super Mario Bros. manual on the 8-bit NES was cool...generally the U.S. always get the short end of the stick. Hell, PAL manuals are better than ours too!

LOL. Nice reference burg, email that to them asap!

Tecmo...effort? Here?

(now if only they exercises that same integrity in all of their games).

7. The U.K. has something we don't? I am outraged! Oh well, they have to deal with PAL. I've got plenty of JPN PSX game manuals that are in color. I guess U.S. publishers are just a bunch of cheap bastards.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

8. Actually, a large portion of this problem is simply Japanese->American. The Japanese DC SFIII:TS instruction manual is full color with character pics that take up half a page and is quite thick. The American one is b&w with character shots that take up a quarter of a page. And DC CvSNK2? Now THAT's got a manual. They actually widened the CD case slightly just so that thick-ass manual could fit in there.

9. Originally posted by bahn
    Actually, SOJ features color manuals man. For some reason, U.S. developers tend to shy away from that. Mostly because of productions costs (or so they say). I remember when I was looking through the manuals for Sonic Jam, and how I reacted at seeing what the Japanese got for their instructions manuals. Naturally, I felt they were so much better. Even the Super Mario Bros. manual on the 8-bit NES was cool...generally the U.S. always get the short end of the stick. Hell, PAL manuals are better than ours too!

LOL. Nice reference burg, email that to them asap!

Tecmo...effort? Here?

(now if only they exercises that same integrity in all of their games).
    I meant to refer to SoA...I just forgot. But, yes, I'm aware that the pennypinching arms of said publishers are the ones responsible.

10. GunValk's manual is in color.
    Well that's like, your opinion, man.