Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Most Impressive Dreamcast VGA Games

Most Impressive Dreamcast VGA Games

I finally tracked down the Performance VGA Adaptor for my DC, and I am interested in which games will see the greatest improvement when viewed via VGA. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Shenmue looks amazing. I couldn't get Shenmue 2 to work with VGA. The Sonic games also look especially nice. Guilty Gear X looks incredible.

Even 2d pixel-fests like Mark of the Wolves and SF3 look damn good but I have a really old TV so every game looks much better with VGA for me.

3. ikaruga looks much better in tate vga.

4. In addition to the above mentioned games, Sonic Adventure 2 looks splendid in VGA.

5. guilty gear looks AMAZING...as does SoA.

6. I thought Soul Calibur was particularly nice, although, it was pretty damn good-looking to start with.

Also, Worms looked amazing, giving that it's a 2D game. I don't remember well now, but that definitely must have had a hi-res mode or something, since it looked totally different in VGA.

7. I disagree on the Shenmue suggestion. With the VGA you can see the muddy textures and graphical errors.

The other games that don't look so hot IMO are the 2d fighters. They characters look so pixelated that its hard to enjoy the visuals.

Check out Giga Wing 2 (The ability to finally see ALL the bullets clearly will make you cry). Also, Soul Caliber looks AMAZING.

Almost everything that will work will look better, the only downside is seeing where the developers got sloppy (like pixelated menus in VF3TB).

8. Guilty Gear X and Ikaruga are the best.

Don't ever put a low-res 2D fighter in though...it's like stabbing yourself in the eye.

9. Cannon Spike, Virtua Tennis, Samba De Amigo, UFC, Dead or Alive 2, and Super Magnetic Neo all look fantastic.

Soul Calibur... you can see the veins in Voldo's ass.