Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Shooter Power up?

1. Favorite Shooter Power up?

I've been on a Genesis shooter buying spree lately, so I've kinda been in the shooter mindset.

What is everybodies favorite shooter powerups/weapon upgrades/specials/abilities/etc?

My favorite is the classic "option" from Gradius.

I also like the enemy "steal" ability from G Darius.

2. Purple toothpaste from Raiden II/DX

3. I like the white bell powerup in Parodius, the one that attaches a bullhorn to your ship and shoots Kanji phrases of destruction.

I also like the green bell powerup that turns your ship into an inflatable balloon.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

4. The toothpaste in the Raiden Games does indeed rock the socks.

But I have to agree with the Steal option from G Darius, it adds a lot to the game. And its cool how some enemys have special input command special moves.
    Barf! Barf! Barf!

5. I was always a big fan of laser anything. They seem to do the most damage, in spite of an exclusively forward firing arc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

6. Originally posted by Clash_Master
    The toothpaste in the Raiden Games does indeed rock the socks.

But I have to agree with the Steal option from G Darius, it adds a lot to the game. And its cool how some enemys have special input command special moves.
    The steal option is more of a weapon system than a power up.

7. Originally posted by Frogacuda
    The steal option is more of a weapon system than a power up.
    True, this thread was meant to be kinda all encompassing.

Intial post was edited to reflect (force) this.

8. I really like the red ship's big fat laser cannon in the mighty DoDonPachi. That robotic Samurai dude has some crazy spears in Sengoku Blade too. One good thrust and anything but a boss goes down. The girl with the pink electrical cracklin' laser in Batsugun is also a personal fave.

Ps

9. how about the sword/bomb thing from radiant silvergun? you know, you can use it when you absorb 10 pink bullets.. not a powerup, but still very cool.

also, i love the shotgun in smash tv, though i'm not sure if that qualifies as a shooter.

10. Miamoto's samurai slash (I know it is a bomb, but I don't care) from Garegga
    Gain's sword option shot in Garegga
    Hunter in TFV
    the Claw force module for R 13 in R•Type Delta
    The simple but brutal 5 way spread that the Slaves use in Raiden Fighters 2

JM