Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Atelier Marie, Elie & Anis GBA

1. I have owned Atelier Lilie since it was released and find it to be an engrossing, addicting game. Although it is damn hard
    "The only way microsoft would make something that doesn't suck is if they made vacuums"

2. Ah, after visiting insertcredit.com, I see that it's play-asia.com that has the DC Atelier game in stock, for about $12. I think I'll be placing an order shortly.

3. Just to refresh my memory... Wasn't Atelier Marie the game the game that would infect your computer with a virus if you put the disc in your PC?

Just Wondering...

4. Originally posted by CypherUppercut
    Just to refresh my memory... Wasn't Atelier Marie the game the game that would infect your computer with a virus if you put the disc in your PC?
    Sorta...

The DC version comes with two discs. The first is a game disc of Marie and Elie. The second disc is an omake (bonus) disc which contains a PC screensaver. But, should you install that screensaver, your PC will get a nasty virus. So don't install it...

The games themselves are clean though.

5. Ok, Thanks Tsubaki.

I wasn't exactly sure if it was this game and what version it was. I was interested in buying the DC version a month ago, but just passed up on it for other things. If I do pick it up I'll make sure to keep it away from my PC.

6. The DC and GBA game both seem pretty interesting to me.... but tll me this. Is it worthwhile to try to play the game if you cannot understand any Japanese? It sounds pretty intimidating to me so far.. and I would not want to just "play a FAQ".

7. I'd ask the same question sggg has. Is it "import friendly?"

Or will it be difficult?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

8. Like I said, there is a faq for Marie in the Saturn section of gamefaqs. It covers everything you need to know. You'll have to memorize the order of certain things if you can't read Japanese, but this is very easy.

Marie has seven endings total, I've gotten five. Which you get depends on which aspect of the game you focus on. My favorite is when Marie and her best friend become wandering adventurers, even though this isn't the 'best' ending.

Ellie has nine or so endings, though I stopped playing to wait for the GBA version so I haven't gotten any of them. It's definitely a harder game and not something you should play without having gone through Marie first.

Marie is actually a very easy game once you get the hang of it, but it still remains very fun. There's also a number of mini-games, but I honestly only liked one of them.

One thing Tsubaki only briefly touched on is there are people in the town you can hire to fight with you. They cost money each day you have them, but their skills and their relationship to Marie goes up the more you use them. Use them enough and they'll bring you jobs to do as well, and I think all or almost all of them have a special scene if you are close enough to them. You also have a best friend who will fight for free, but she starts off very weak, though if you work to build her up she becomes the most powerful fighter in the game.

Waiting a week for the GBA one to arrive is going to be hard now. -_-

As for the virus, only some of the screensavers are infected. They can even be cleaned if you have a virus scanner that's not more than like two years old. Pretty cute stuff, though I like my CCS screensaver better.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

9. Thanks for the review and your helpful info!

$12.00?! I'm all about it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

10. I just finally got this game, no thanks to YesAsia (who not only didn't tell me they didn't have it in stock but went on holiday) and the US postal service (who don't believe in dropping off packages if the weather is slightly cold and redeliver four days later than they were supposed to). Himeya, I should have never doubted you, and definitely should have sprung for UPS.

Actual game impressions forthcoming.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2